Skipping songs

My system keeps skipping songs from both Spotify and stored on phone. I’ve got 7 play ones, a play 3 a playbase and a playbar. I added a bridge to try and fix the issue but no change. Can anyone help please?
Thanks
Nick

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
My system keeps skipping songs from both Spotify and stored on phone. I’ve got 7 play ones, a play 3 a playbase and a playbar. I added a bridge to try and fix the issue but no change. Can anyone help please?
Thanks
Nick

Hi Nick,

Can you submit a diagnostic report the next time you hear the music skip? If you reply with the confirmation number I can take a look for you.
Thanks Jeff. It did it a few times today whilst I was having a party at my house annoyingly... the diagnostics reference number is 1754308041

Thanks

Nick
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Thanks Jeff. It did it a few times today whilst I was having a party at my house annoyingly... the diagnostics reference number is 1754308041

Thanks

Nick

Hi Nick,

Thanks for sending in the report. I see that your Bridge is having a hard time keeping up the streaming communication with your other Sonos units. There are many wireless communication errors. This is likely due to wireless interference. Please try changing the wireless channel your Sonos system is using and see if that helps.
Hi Jeff,

I’d heard that before so tried on channel 1, 6 and 11 but made no difference?
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi Jeff,

I’d heard that before so tried on channel 1, 6 and 11 but made no difference?

You'll want to take a look around and in between your Sonos units for any third party electronics which could be causing interference. Common sources include cordless phones, wireless baby monitors, wireless cameras, and wireless printers. Try moving any such devices away from your Sonos speakers and see if that helps. It can also help to reposition your speakers if they are near walls or power outlets which could cause interference.

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings