Skipping songs

• 5 November 2018
  • 10 replies

My system keeps skipping songs from both Spotify and stored on phone. I’ve got 7 play ones, a play 3 a playbase and a playbar. I added a bridge to try and fix the issue but no change. Can anyone help please?
Thanks
Nick

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
My system keeps skipping songs from both Spotify and stored on phone. I’ve got 7 play ones, a play 3 a playbase and a playbar. I added a bridge to try and fix the issue but no change. Can anyone help please?
Thanks
Nick

Hi Nick,

Can you submit a diagnostic report the next time you hear the music skip? If you reply with the confirmation number I can take a look for you.
Thanks Jeff. It did it a few times today whilst I was having a party at my house annoyingly... the diagnostics reference number is 1754308041

Thanks

Nick
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Thanks Jeff. It did it a few times today whilst I was having a party at my house annoyingly... the diagnostics reference number is 1754308041

Thanks

Nick

Hi Nick,

Thanks for sending in the report. I see that your Bridge is having a hard time keeping up the streaming communication with your other Sonos units. There are many wireless communication errors. This is likely due to wireless interference. Please try changing the wireless channel your Sonos system is using and see if that helps.
Hi Jeff,

I’d heard that before so tried on channel 1, 6 and 11 but made no difference?
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi Jeff,

I’d heard that before so tried on channel 1, 6 and 11 but made no difference?

You'll want to take a look around and in between your Sonos units for any third party electronics which could be causing interference. Common sources include cordless phones, wireless baby monitors, wireless cameras, and wireless printers. Try moving any such devices away from your Sonos speakers and see if that helps. It can also help to reposition your speakers if they are near walls or power outlets which could cause interference.
Diagnostic: 841803861

Same issue as everyone else. Not a wifi issue, my wifi and streaming is excellent everywhere in my house and to all other devices. Sonos skips halfway through a song pretty much every time. Tried soundcloud and Deezer with same result.

Tried using the sonos in various rooms around the house, doesn't help at all.

Please fix this otherwise it is a completely useless device. Expensive one at that.
Try unplugging all of your Sonos devices. Reboot your router. Once the router is back up, plug back in your Sonos devices. Test to see if it continues.

If it doesn't, someone from Sonos will be able to look at that diagnostic for you.
I don't have any other Sonos devices. Haven't had any wifi connection issues in years. No other users in the house either. I've tried with the One located in the same room as the router, same issue.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
I don't have any other Sonos devices. Haven't had any wifi connection issues in years. No other users in the house either. I've tried with the One located in the same room as the router, same issue.

Thanks for sending in the report. It's not immediately clear from your report why you're having this issue. The wireless environment looks okay, but sometimes the streaming audio isn't getting to your speaker fast enough. Due to the nature of this issue, it would be best to continue with some advanced troubleshooting. Our phone team can help out with that, please give us a call.