Skipping songs

My Sonos speaker is skipping music half way through songs using Apple Music

10 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +18
Hi, originhairperth. We can certainly get to the bottom of this for you. Following an occurrence of this issue, please submit a diagnostic and respond with the confirmation number. This way we can identify the cause for you. Many thanks in advance.
Having the same issue with Spotify 😞
I’d recommend following the instructions as outlined in the post previous to yours.
Hi, originhairperth. We can certainly get to the bottom of this for you. Following an occurrence of this issue, please submit a diagnostic and respond with the confirmation number. This way we can identify the cause for you. Many thanks in advance.

Thanks Edward, confirmation number 8462492
Having the same issue with Spotify :(
Has yours been skipping since set up? Ours was working perfectly for a month then had issues for some time I tried fixing it myself but no luck
Userlevel 6
Badge +18
Thanks for this, very helpful indeed. I can see another network broadcasting on the same frequency as your own. In fact, it looks to be being distributed by your own router. Is there a guest network operational? Can you try logging into your router and disabling it? Another thing to try would be to temporarily hard wire your speaker via Ethernet. If this resolves the problem, then we know we definitely have a WiFi issue on our hands. If it's feasible for the long run, I would advise going this route anyway. It's far more stable. Let me know how you're getting on!
Hi Edward, we disabled the guest network and tried hard wiring the speaker which has stopped the skipping now, if we try to go back to wireless do you have any other suggestions we can try? Where the speaker is located because of the wiring doesn’t sound as good so we definitely want to try wireless again so we can move the speaker
Userlevel 6
Badge +18
Thanks for coming back to me. Having disabled the Guest Network, you should have more reliable playback wirelessly. Can you test with the cable removed and if there are issues, submit some further diagnostics? Thanks!
I’m having the same problem after years of not having an issue. It is terribly frustrating, and with thousands invested in Sonos I’d tell anyone who will listen to steer clear. The entire purpose of spending a premium for an otherwise average speaker is ease of use and reliability. If I’ve invested in several speakers and spent extra on a Sonos Boost to set up an independent, dedicated Sonos network at my house, I shouldn’t have to deal with network issues. That’s what I paid for.
Sonos can't control our local wifi set up. It's your router that supplies the DHCP data to the Sonos system, even in BOOST mode, so if there's an issue with your router, there's really nothing Sonos can do.

I would recommend that in order to lower your frustration level, you might want to submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of replicating this issue, and call in to Sonos to discuss it. There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings