Answered

Skipping and stopping

• 23 August 2018
  • 3 replies

Badge
I’ve never experienced any problems with my Sonos until the last few weeks. Now it’s unbearable. I listen to music from my iPhone and it’s constantly skipping or stopping. One of my play1 often cuts out too leaving the others playing. Any ideas?
icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 24 August 2018, 00:13

There's a multitude (ok, several, but still) of possibilities, and neither of you have provided a diagnostic to help Sonos help you figure out what the issue is.

To the OP, if you're playing music "from this iPhone", Sonos is tracking a bug about that, which I would expect to be fixed in the next release of software. They've recommended a couple of potential fixes in several threads, the one that sticks in my mind is that you turn off the autolock function for your screen. I think there's another one, but I don't recall exactly what is is, and there are a myriad of threads in which they've explained it.

That being said, both of you might benefit from submitting a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of replicating this issue, and contact Sonos to discuss it. There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you both find a solution, which might be different for each of you.
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

I am having the same exact issue...
There's a multitude (ok, several, but still) of possibilities, and neither of you have provided a diagnostic to help Sonos help you figure out what the issue is.

To the OP, if you're playing music "from this iPhone", Sonos is tracking a bug about that, which I would expect to be fixed in the next release of software. They've recommended a couple of potential fixes in several threads, the one that sticks in my mind is that you turn off the autolock function for your screen. I think there's another one, but I don't recall exactly what is is, and there are a myriad of threads in which they've explained it.

That being said, both of you might benefit from submitting a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of replicating this issue, and contact Sonos to discuss it. There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you both find a solution, which might be different for each of you.
I too am experiencing this issue. I play music from my library and out of the blue, I am experiencing tracks skipping at the same point throughout each song. I have tried not allowing my device to go into sleep mode and this has made no difference. This is incredibly frustrating as the whole purpose of buying a sonos was to play my music. The speaker is in the same room as my router - no more than 8 feet away. There is nothing else in place that can interfere with the signal and - this has been fine for a couple of years so why now? Diagnostic issue number 613450323