Answered

Skipping and stopping

Playing music from iTunes off iPad or iPhone music skips half way through a track or stops. Diagnostic 1492054061. This happens playing to my one or connect.
icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 28 May 2018, 21:07

Generally speaking, drops and skips are indications that your Sonos is having a hard time staying connected to your wifi. It might be the source of the music, which you haven't specified, or the actual speakers themselves.

I'd recommend two potential solutions to look at. First, I'd encourage you to read the wifi interference FAQ

Second, you may be experiencing an issue with your local wifi, which can be reset by unplugging all connected devices, rebooting the router, and then plugging each device back in, one at a time, allowing each one enough time to fully boot up before moving on to the next.

An alternate solution to that would be assigning reserved IP addresses to all of your Sonos gear, if you have the ability to go in to your router and do so.
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Having the same problem. Any solutions? Thank
My configuration is Fiber optic to the ISP router -> connected to my high speed and multiband router (Access point) -> all connected to this access point.
What I did was turn off the Wi-Fi in the ISP router because it goes in the same band that my Linksys access point and problem solved. Of course after these reset all the routers it shoul solve the problem, don’t forget to connect all the Sonos to the 2.4 wi-fi
Generally speaking, drops and skips are indications that your Sonos is having a hard time staying connected to your wifi. It might be the source of the music, which you haven't specified, or the actual speakers themselves.

I'd recommend two potential solutions to look at. First, I'd encourage you to read the wifi interference FAQ

Second, you may be experiencing an issue with your local wifi, which can be reset by unplugging all connected devices, rebooting the router, and then plugging each device back in, one at a time, allowing each one enough time to fully boot up before moving on to the next.

An alternate solution to that would be assigning reserved IP addresses to all of your Sonos gear, if you have the ability to go in to your router and do so.
Come on Sonos. Stop with the bs. We have all tried everything. We have all tried different phones, tablets PC etc but when playing music on the device sonos skips constantly. I this is very problematic and,I am done with your bug filled system and moving back to alternative home sound systems. You have a flaw in your technology and all you’ve done is make excuses. Not one solution has worked. Time to hard wire the music source and dump your bullshit system.
Yeah this router reset is BS. I’ve done it multiple times never fixes the issue. I have the fastest WiFi speed available and none of my other electronics ever have issues. Only my Sonos run into issues. But obviously this is them trying to pawn it off on our WiFi rather than their broken product.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi folks,

It's not normal to have audio skipping while playing on Sonos. Most systems work without issue. If you've already tried the steps in this guide, the next best step is to reach out to our phone team who can do some advanced troubleshooting and identify the root cause. You can find our phone number and hours here.