Answered

Skipping and quitting with iPhone and Sonos App

• 24 November 2018
  • 4 replies

With years of happy use of my many Sonos speakers, now not so. As others have said, since the last updates my system skips after playing 4 songs, then quits altogether. Nothing has changed re equipment. Tried deleting Sonos app today and reinstalled, the same issue again.
Sonos please sort this out as my equipment is useless.
icon

Best answer by Edward R 26 November 2018, 11:40

Hi, annak1, This is likely due to WiFi interference. This is often the cause of audio playback issues. If those links don't work, not to worry, we can certainly get to the bottom of this for you. Following any occurrence of this issue, please submit a diagnostic and respond with the confirmation number. This way we can identify the cause. Many thanks in advance.
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hi, annak1, This is likely due to WiFi interference. This is often the cause of audio playback issues. If those links don't work, not to worry, we can certainly get to the bottom of this for you. Following any occurrence of this issue, please submit a diagnostic and respond with the confirmation number. This way we can identify the cause. Many thanks in advance.
Hi Edward,

Thank you for your reply.
I tried what Airgetlam suggested through this community site, and so far it has worked.

I turned off my Router, disconnected all my Sonon equipment, turned back on the Router and turned on each Sonos speaker individually while waiting for it to connect before going to the next one and so far it appears to have worked.

Thank you very much and particularly to Airgetlam who posted this “fix” 9 months ago.

Anna
Been down this road and doesn't change anything
Well, that fix is for a particular issue, it isn't a silver bullet that fixes everything.

I'd recommend that if you're having a similar issue that is caused by a different thing in your local wifi, you should run a diagnostic, and call Sonos, so that they can look at some concrete information about your system, so that they can help you with the issue that you're experiencing.

The unfortunate thing about wifi problems is that there's multiple things that can cause the same experience....and one fix doesn't fix all. Give Sonos the information that they need, they'll be able to help you.