SiriusXM - Unable to Browse Music

• 8 December 2018
  • 8 replies

For several days I have been unable to access SiriusXM on my iOS app or MacOS app. I receive the message "unable to browse music". My Sirius subscription is up to date and I am able to access streaming on their Internet site. I tried deleting and reinstalling the service on Sonos to no avail.

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
For several days I have been unable to access SiriusXM on my iOS app or MacOS app. I receive the message "unable to browse music". My Sirius subscription is up to date and I am able to access streaming on their Internet site. I tried deleting and reinstalling the service on Sonos to no avail.

Hi John_311,

There was an issue with SiriusXM on Sonos recently which has now been resolved. Please try connecting again. If it still doesn't work, try closing and restarting the Sonos app, or rebooting your controller.
Badge
I am having the same issue.
Sirius app works fine. My Sonos wakes me up and is playing Sirius but if I try to change channels I get "unable to play selected item" and if I try and search I get "unable to browse music. I removed sirius app and reinstalled.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
I am having the same issue.
Sirius app works fine. My Sonos wakes me up and is playing Sirius but if I try to change channels I get "unable to play selected item" and if I try and search I get "unable to browse music. I removed sirius app and reinstalled.

Hi there,

We're currently tracking an outage that causes browsing errors for SiriusXM. You can check on the status of the outage here.
I'm seeing this issue since yesterday. Xm app works fine, other services work through Sonos...is there a system issue that isn't showing on the outage page?
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
I'm seeing this issue since yesterday. Xm app works fine, other services work through Sonos...is there a system issue that isn't showing on the outage page?

Hi there,

Are you still having this issue? If so, please submit a diagnostic report and reply with the confirmation number, I'll take a look.
Diagnostic number 1498258961, unable to browse siriusxm
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Diagnostic number 1498258961, unable to browse siriusxm

Hi Savo,

Thanks for the report. Overall the communication between your Sonos units looks okay. Do you have the same browsing issue when using smaller groups than 7?

The issue is likely upstream of your Sonos system. I see a couple errors in your report which might explain the issue. The first is a login error. This could be due to old or out of date credentials. Try removing SiriusXM from your Sonos system, then see if you can add it back. This should clear up any authentication issues.

This could also be caused by intermittent communication between your home network and SiriusXM's servers. Try rebooting your router and each Sonos unit. This will update the network information your devices and network are using and may help you connect to, and browse SiriusXM.

If these steps don't work, please reach out to our phone team who can take over troubleshooting from here. You can find our number and hours here.
Badge

Same issue is back for me 

two days in a row 

have rebooted internet.  Logged in and out of sonos controller. Removed and readded Sirius.  

Had the same outage one year ago today. 

Sent in diagnostic. 1907093143