Answered

SiriusXM server did not recognize you login information

• 12 March 2022
  • 7 replies

Badge +1
  • Avid Contributor I
  • 23 replies

Problem signing in to SiriusXM.  I was fine for years but changed password and user name to set up a new account with Sirius.  I was able to set up the Sirius App on our 2 iPhones using the same login name and password just fine.  But, I can’t get Sirius to log in on the Sonos Mac I’ve used for years?

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 12 March 2022, 18:55

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Have you tried adding the service to your Sonos system using your iPhone Sonos Controller App instead?

Badge +1

Thank you for the reply.

Yes, I’ve tried that and I know my name and password are correct as I have used the information to set-up and reset-up the SiriusXM App my iPhone.

Badge +1

Sonos gives this error:

“SiriusXM server did not recognize your login information”

I’ve called SiriusXM and they confirmed my login information and can’t help me beyond that.

Thank you for the reply.

Yes, I’ve tried that and I know my name and password are correct as I have used the information to set-up and reset-up the SiriusXM App my iPhone.

Perhaps their user-authentication server for the Sonos service is temporarily offline. You can either wait and try later perhaps, or if you prefer, you could try speaking to Sonos Support Staff via this LINK 

Badge +1

Thank you for the reply.

I have tried off and on over a couple weeks.

Thanks for the link.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

I has been a few years since I gave up with Sirius, but when I did use it there were two different logins. The streaming one vs the account one. Only the streaming login worked on Sonos.

I had this same issue and was able to resolve it by logging into my Sirius account and changing my user name from my email address to a non email address user name and updated my password at the same time.    Not sure which fixed it - my account was fairly old and the password did not meet current requirements so maybe that was part of it. Either way - works now!