Answered

SiriusXM problems....AGAIN

• 29 October 2021
  • 30 replies

Diagnostic code 906861728

Getting really sick of this issue.  SiriusXM channels play for 15 seconds and then error out.  Today’s message is Unable to play - it is encoded using an unsupported digital rights management system.

15 Sonos speakers in my house..thousands of dollars...and I can’t play music.

icon

Best answer by Corry P 29 October 2021, 11:41

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

30 replies

Sonos has gone from bulletproof to it sucks.  I’ve done everything to get this resolved and the biggest error is the digital rights error to lost connection.  

I have the sirius xm issue;  it seems to only happen on my newest sonos product, sonos one.  I guess my motivation to upgrade the old stuff is waning.

tech support didn’t have any knowledge of the issue; sent a bunch of diagnostics, but the tech support person couldn’t find anything.

I’ve had Sonos products in two households for almost 10-yrs, but am new to the Community.

I am plagued by the same problem discussed in this thread.  That is:  Sonos keeps dropping SXM, with error messages like ‘song not encoded correctly’, ‘incorrect encryption’ etc.  I see this problem has bothered others for a long time.

Sonos:  Any idea when this problem will be fixed?  It’s extremely aggravating.  Thank You.

Coming here again to say that I am still having issues with Sonos and Sirius, and it is beyond frustrating.

I have the same issue for over 1 year now, Sirius won’t play good, skips, jumps stops….. I have sent in diagnostics and complained.  My system is all wired direct, all other services play great, only Sirius is a problem…..  Problem is that I like Sirius the best.  I’m ready to start recording what it sounds like and posting it on social media.

I am beyond sick of Sonos not resolving this issue.  I have had problem for over a year listening to Sirius XM on Sonos.  Sirius XM plays fine direct to other devices.  I have reported problem numerous times, I have uninstalled and reinstalled the SiriusXM app numerous times and had Sonos technical support a couple of times.  A year later and the problem continues.  I now listen to Amazon music on Sonos because issue with SirusXM not resolved.

Over a year of frustration and the closest I have come to figuring this out is a glitch in that Sirius changed in past where multiple users are no longer allowed.  Sonos seems to be seen as a second sign in on your account information with Sirius and therefor it keeps shutting off.

If you are new to Sonos then don’t buy the story this is something new, investigating, working on a fix, because it has gone on too long for that to fly with me any more.

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

I’ve had it for over a month now. Last Sonos support person I talked to said it was the the Sirius servers having an issue with the login from the Sonos app and they didn’t have an eta as to when it would resolve.  Said possibly it might be with an app update.  I’ve been through it with Sirius too.  They say it’s not on their end.  They’ve looked at my account and see nothing unusual. They even created a test account for me.  I could duplicate the issue on it.

I have timers set within the app tp turn on the system to specific channels during the day.  The issue almost always occurs when those timers start, as the app has to connect to Sirius to begin.  If I can get it connected finally it mostly stays connected.  A timers go off changing the station and it begins all overs again. It can take 10-20 attempts to get connected.  I’ve even left it connected with timers off and it’s gone for over 48 hrs with no drop.  So it’s definitely a login issue.  Unfortunately it seems to affect a very small number of users.  

I have been dealing with for days. Nobody has any answer. My wife is so sick of it and want to get of the Sonos speakers. I am trying hard to resolve with help.

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

I’ve been dealing with it the past two weeks with no resolution.  See the thread here.

Badge +3

We keep getting this Sirius / Sonos “unsupported DRM” error too; stream just stops after several minutes and needs to be re-started (if it is unsupported why did it work to begin with?) … wife is beginning to not like our Sonos investment (5 speakers + Port) ...

Is anyone at Sonos / Sirius taking this error Sirius-ly ??

What did Sonos support say when you called them with your diagnostic number?

This is not resolved.  I am getting this error as well.

And I don’t think it’s resolved yet…  Not sure what the issue is around DRM but one would think they could resolve the software licensing issue and move on.  Thank you apple and amazon and the free music services for still working :) 

@sonos support - diags sent. Conf # is 968547532

Thursday, February 17, 2022 - 9:37 AM Eastern Time
Unable to play '28 - The Spectrum' - the connection to SiriusXM was lost.

Thursday, February 17, 2022 - 9:38 AM Eastern Time
Unable to play '715 - Classic Rock Party' - it is encoded using an unsupported digital rights management system.

Any updates on this issue. I’m having the same problem. Is this a Sonos issue or a SiriusXM issue? 

Badge +1

They won’t be able to fix it - it used to be channel 750 and it was moved to the “Xtra Channels” area, which if you browse via Sonos, doesn’t come up/is not available.  So your old bookmarks won’t work.  This seems to have been done intentionally.  There must be some copywrite/licensing/royalties issues going on.  Also all music now on this channel is lesser known artists, songs and tracks.   

I am on the phone with a tech now, having the same issue, they cannot fix it. So frustrating.

I am also extremely frustrated with this issue.   Any updates Sonos???

Badge +1

From whom did you receive this call? Sonos, or SiriusXM?

Sorry - I should have mentioned this.  It was an escalation engineer at SiriusXM.  

From whom did you receive this call? Sonos, or SiriusXM?

Badge +1

I received a call today that signals what I suspected may be going on - they said it has been escalated and worked on, and at the core - was an issue of copyright etc. issues.  I suspected as much.  

Badge +1

I’m experiencing this a lot recently as well.

Any update on this issue?

Did you speak with the technical support team about your issue, as it seems the issues were only happening to a fraction of user accounts and the suggestion above from Staff was to make contact direct. It may help if you’re experiencing the issue a lot to share any information you have by speaking to the Staff.

Yes, I submitted a lot of diagnostics and make a few calls.  Nobody seemed to be aware of anything.  I brought up this thread as an FYI, so that seemed to be the most we had to go on.  Did all the usual stuff that didn’t help (readd the service to Sonos, etc.).   They said they are investigating internally.  It’s pretty much rendered my Sonos unusable lately though.

Did you speak with the technical support team about your issue, as it seems the issues were only happening to a fraction of user accounts and the suggestion above from Staff was to make contact direct. It may help if you’re experiencing the issue a lot to share any information you have by speaking to the Staff.

Badge +1

Hi @opustv 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

Thanks for the diagnostics - we are currently investigating an issue whereby a fraction of SiriusXM listeners are unable to play reliably on their Sonos systems, and diagnostics are exactly what we need.

So far, “corrupt file” messages have been reported, so your diagnostics may shed more light on the matter - be assured that I have already shared them with our engineers, and one is already taking a look.

Thanks again!

In the meantime, you may be able to work around this if you have an iPad or iPhone by playing on the device and then AirPlay-ing to Sonos.

Any update on this?  I’m experiencing this a lot recently.   Thanks

Badge +1

I contacted Sonos and just received an update on the problem:  “ We've identified a problem with Amazon AWS infrastructure. You may experience issues with Amazon Music, Alexa Voice Control, Audible, SiriusXM, Sonos Backgrounds, Cloud Cover Music and Sonos Radio in the Sonos app until it's resolved.”