Question

SiriusXm connection lost

• 1 December 2019
  • 7 replies

Badge +1

Here is what I’ve done: Error when connecting to SiriusXm channels (Connection to SiriusXM Channel was lost)

Rebooted router, uninstalled / reinstalled app / remove SiriusXM from app and added it back twice / All other services (Amazon / iHeart / Google / whatever work just fine on Sonos / SiriusXM app works fine on the same wifi / rebooted phone.

The Sonos Controller App is on an Android phone. Th Siriusxm service wasn’t working this morning, removed my account added it back and it worked. Tried it again later this evening and poof nothing again. 

Any ideas here? Love SiriusXM and want it back.

Thanks

7 replies

Badge +1

Update: I have rebooted my router a few more times, rebooted the AMPs and play 1 as well, it will comeback for a short time (Random) then the same issue again. I have a Linksys Velop Mesh WIFI system and 4 AMPs are hard wired and the play 1 of course is WIFI. Just sent in a diagnostics report and the number is: 913879076

This is getting dumb and frustrating.

Thanks

Badge +1

UPDATE: Problem fixed, seemed to be an issue with my SiriusXM account even tho it worked with the siriusxm app. I changed my password to SiriusXM and reconnected, good to go. Very weird.

Badge +1

UPDATE: It came back, I have a 2nd streaming account and still happens. What is weird is it won’t work on one channel on SXM and then I select something else it works. Go back to my channel I wanted then it works. I was listening this morning and it flat out stopped, tried connecting and got that same message. Then a message about can’t encode. SXM issue today? Getting kinda pissed this is happening so much. Everything else music wise works just fine.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

@baconator Hi there, it sounds like you’ve done most of the initial troubleshooting. It’s not clear from your previous reports why this happens. I think it would be a good idea to continue troubleshooting this live with our phone team. Please give us a call, our number is found here.

Badge +1

Thanks Jeff, I did call last week, I will call again, but I see there is a SiriusXM outage on Sonos today, So I’m hoping that is the reason. Thanks Jeff!

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

If any issues continue once the outage is resolved, let us know.

Badge +1

After the SiriusXM outage last week, things have gone back to normal, still get lost connection once, but if you try again it will work.

Thanks