Sirius XM, Unable to Browse Music Mac Desktop

• 10 September 2019
  • 2 replies

I have seen this issue asked before but have not seen a satisfactory answer. Sirius XM recently updated their mobile app to 5.5.4 build 156754786. I just loaded my Mac desktop version of Sonos and am receiving the "Unable to browse music" message when trying to load the Sirius XM source. I have been using this source for months without issue. With so many reports of this issue can Sonos please provide some sort of answer as to why this happens and how to work around? Maybe there is some sort of bug that needs to be addressed? Thank you.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
I have seen this issue asked before but have not seen a satisfactory answer. Sirius XM recently updated their mobile app to 5.5.4 build 156754786. I just loaded my Mac desktop version of Sonos and am receiving the "Unable to browse music" message when trying to load the Sirius XM source. I have been using this source for months without issue. With so many reports of this issue can Sonos please provide some sort of answer as to why this happens and how to work around? Maybe there is some sort of bug that needs to be addressed? Thank you.

Hi joestros,

As far as I know there isn't a compatibility issue with SiriusXM app. Does SiriusXM work on Sonos when using a different controller, such as a smartphone? If so the issue may likely be firewall or antivirus settings on your Mac. Here's how to configure antivirus and firewall settings.

If SiriusXM isn't working on any of your controllers, there may be an authentication issue. I'd recommend removing SiriusXM from your Sonos system and adding it back. It may also help to change your password for SiriusXM, then add it back to Sonos and test.

If none of these steps work, submit a diagnostic report and reply here with the confirmation number.
Thank you for the reply. The source was not working on the desktop or mobile app. I removed Sirius as a source and re-added. It now works. It seems strange that this happens on occasion when nothing with my Sirius credentials has changed. Maybe Sonos should add some sort of better error messaging that includes suggestions for resolving. Thank you again.