Sirius XM skips regularly.

• 8 October 2012
  • 44 replies

No other service does this except for the sirius XM. I went down the troubleshooting path for wireless interference, but since no other service is effected, I believe it to be a Sirius XM / Sonos interface problem. Didn't have this problem until about a month ago. I have seen other older posts about this same issue. Has there been any resolve? Please help.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

44 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +1
Hello, So far we are not getting any reports from our monitors or support team of any issues with SiriusXM. Is there a specific channel you are having issues with? I have been testing all morning without any drops. Please include a diagnostic confirmation number with your reply: https://sonos.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/142
No specific channel, each channel I have tried does the same with about the same frequency. Once about every ten minutes of playtime. Here is the confirmation number for the diagnostics. 2204429
Userlevel 4
Badge +1
I am seeing some wireless interference, specifically around your Sonos BRIDGE. Can you change the wireless channel your Sonos is running on? The following Answer describes how to do this. https://sonos.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1230 You are currently on wireless channel 6, switch to channel 11 and see if this is better. If not, please try channel 1. If the issue persists, please reply and include another diagnostic confirmation number.
I too am seeing this problem. Been trialing XM all weekend and have heard skips as often as every 5-10 minutes on all channels tested. It is incredibly annoying. No other services have issues (Pandora, local radio). I submitted a diagnostic which is #2213175. I know for a fact there was a skip at 10:34am EST and one before 8am. Pls help. Will not proceed with XM until this is fixed. Also, I tried changing wireless channel to 11 as suggested above. Made no difference.
I refuse to believe that it is a wireless interference issue. All of my other music plays just fine with no skipping. I believe it to be a Sirius/XM interface problem between them and SONOS. Thoughts?
I'm sure lots of people stream XM. Are we the only people that have this problem? Seems hard to believe.
I am seeing the skips happen less frequently now. Additionally, it seems as if the skips are not as long as they were before as well. What do you see on your end?
Userlevel 2
having same problem. So frustrating! its definitely not interference. I tried my sirius account on friends sonos system and same thing happened. its a sirius issue.
Userlevel 2
I have the same problem when listening to any of the stations on Sirius.
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
It's not interference - all of my Sonos units are wired to my network. It's not my internet connection - I have a FiOS connection that regularly tests at 20Mbps+ down. It happens to all of the Sirius channels via Sonos. I can't say that I've heard any issues on the Sirius app on my phone (though the phone has a larger delay, so it may be coming from a different server on Sirius' end). The skip is about a half second or so, and happens every 5-10 minutes.
Userlevel 2
It's definitely not interference. Have exact same "skip". My phone app works fine too.. I notice it primarily on pulse & coffee house channels, less on howard stern channel. Although, now that the holiday stations are available it hasn't happened at all to Holly channel yet? Switch back to pulse and it does it again. Maybe that can help someone find out the root cause?
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
Ok... so I've been giving my two Sonos players a workout this afternoon, having one streaming SiriusXM The Pulse (channel 10), while the other has been streaming Slacker, a song-by-song based radio service. Both have been running now for over 1 hour straight, both are still playing audio from their respective services. Sirius is definitely still seeing the momentary audio dropouts, at least on this channel, while Slacker has had no problems. I've submitted a diagnostic - # 2238691 - for further investigation into the issue. Both of my Sonos units are wired to my network, and the problem occurs no matter which unit is playing a Sirius stream. I've also observed the issue on The Highway (Country), Cinemagic (Jazz/Standards), The 80s (Pop), and NASCAR Radio (Sports).
Userlevel 2
I am having the same exact problem as Brian and MikeV, I even changed wireless channels etc..., didn't help at all. Here is my diagnostic- #2236762
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
Just to add, the problem below seems to be the same, and could probably be merged with this one... https://ask.sonos.com/sonos/topics/sirius_cuts_out_on_my_system#
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
Just thought I'd mention that this is still occurring... I've listened to several different channels over the past few days and it has happened on all of them. Happy to send another diagnostic if desired, but some input from Sonos on this would be nice.
I too am having this problem. All components hard wired to the network with a Time Warner 50Mbps connection, which actually just now tested at 55.65Mbps. Listening to Sirius on any channel via Sonos leads to what I call skip backs where it basically jumps back in time about 15 to 25 seconds. So you start listening to a song and then it jumps way back to the end of the prior song. I would say that it happens once every 30 minutes or so. Are there no solutions?
I too am having this problem. All components hard wired to the network with a Time Warner 50Mbps connection, which actually just now tested at 55.65Mbps. Listening to Sirius on any channel via Sonos leads to what I call skip backs where it basically jumps back in time about 15 to 25 seconds. So you start listening to a song and then it jumps way back to the end of the prior song. I would say that it happens once every 30 minutes or so. Are there no solutions?
Userlevel 2
Same exact problem here. Extremely frustrating
Badge
Any resolution or more information on this? I'm experiencing the same issue. I listen to MLB games on XM and regularly get skip backs, a repeat of about the last 1-2 minutes of broadcast. And like others I have absolutely no issues with any other service.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi everyone,

If you're experiencing audio interruptions or audio loops, please send in a diagnostic report and reply with the confirmation number.
Me too. In the middle of a song on SiriusXM, the music will skip back to the middle of the previous song.

Diagnostic number is: 6421474
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Me too. In the middle of a song on SiriusXM, the music will skip back to the middle of the previous song.

Diagnostic number is: 6421474

Hi Jeff8,

Please give us a call and reference case number: 160805-001622. You can find our phone number here.
Same here. It would be helpful, as many people have this problem, to post something that might resemble a solution, publicly.
Diagnostics # 6543270
Eventually my problem went away. I haven't noticed it happening anymore.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi Monk, this might help matters.Try removing your wireless credentials from Sonos to see if this improves anything. If not, be sure to report back.