Question

Sirius - can't connect

• 2 August 2020
  • 3 replies

When I try and connect to Sirius I am getting the message that my “account has been temporarily disabled”. But I've checked with Sirius and that's not the case, and it works fine via streaming on my phone and in car. Is there something going on between Sonos and Sirius that might be causing this?

3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +11

Hi @Fred K.

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the community!

I’d be more than glad to assist you with this concern, let’s try to figure it out.

Have you just recently added this service to Sonos?

Can you please submit a diagnostic report through the Sonos app, and reply with the confirmation number.

It can help us identify what is possibly causing your issue.

You may try to remove and re-add back SiriusXM on the Sonos app.

Let me know how it goes and if you have any other questions or run into any issues, please do not hesitate to reach out.

Thanks for your feedback.  I’ve had Sirius as a music service for some time now (2+ years, I think, without issue), but suddenly I started getting this message.  I have also uninstall and reinstalled  Sirius as a Sonos music service, but that didn’t solve the issue either.  I have not yet submitted a diagnostic report through the Sonos app, but that will be my next step.  Any other thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Remember that Sirius have two different sets of credentials, make sure you are using the correct one. I found this very confusing myself when I used to be a customer. There was the main login, and then there was the streaming login. There are also other logins if you have multiple cars on your account.

If I remember correctly it was the streaming login that I had to use on Sonos.