Answered

Sirius

Sirius XM stopped playing through Sonos. Called Sirius, reset everything, reloaded apps and when I try to add Sirius to my music services it tells me the Siriusxm server does not recognize the credentials. Thought it was a Sirius issue but looks like a Sonos issue. Thoughts?
icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 17 August 2018, 18:16

If I recall the other threads similar to this, there's a difference between your Sirius account, and your Sirius streaming account, which may be why the SiriusXM server isn't recognizing the credentials.

However, I may be mis-remembering, too. I'm not a SiriusXM subscriber.
View original

19 replies

If I recall the other threads similar to this, there's a difference between your Sirius account, and your Sirius streaming account, which may be why the SiriusXM server isn't recognizing the credentials.

However, I may be mis-remembering, too. I'm not a SiriusXM subscriber.
Userlevel 3
I'm having the same issue. Sirius on Sonos has been very unreliable this month. There was a multi-day outage earlier in December that was confirmed at status.sonos.com. I couldn't get anything to work with Sirius today, so I removed the music service and figured I would just sign in again. I'm getting the same message that Sirius does not recognize my credentials. That makes no sense as I used identical credentials at player.siriusxm.com and tested that again this morning.
I'm having the same issue. On the "Sonos Status" it says that all services are working, but Sirius XM is not working for me. I just did the latest system update. Wonder if that's what caused the problem?
I'm having trouble with indvidual Sirius channels on Sonos. I can play most channels, but when I try ESPN or ESPN2 I get a message that states "Unable to play 80- ESPN Radio" - the connection to SiriusXM was lost". I checked the support page and there are no issues listed with Sirius... It usually works flawlessly. I tried resetting my controller as well - unsuccessfully.
Have you tried a reboot of both the speaker, and your router? If so, I'd recommend that you submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of replicating this issue, and either post the number here, or contact Sonos to discuss it. There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.
Hi. I have done so twice. Sonos replied to let me know that it is a "known" issue and they are investigating it. Thanks for your reply.
Geeze. Sirius is dropping in and out AGAIN... My Diagnostic is: 1890533697
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Geeze. Sirius is dropping in and out AGAIN... My Diagnostic is: 1890533697
We're investigating this right now, looks like an outage is developing right now. When it's confirmed, we'll be updating this page and you can follow along.
Having same issue. Sirius app on phone still functional, but getting message via SONOS controller that "cannot connect to Sirius".... Other music sources all streaming fine...
Userlevel 1
Badge +1
I am having the same problem. I have tried several channels and in each case, get the message that Sonos is "unable to connect to SiriusXM" My credentials are fine because I can connect with no problem using my browser. Intermittent outages of a few minutes are common, but service dropped suddenly and has remained out for over an hour.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Hey guys, I wanted to let you know the SiriusXM issue should now be resolved.

Why am i experiencing these same problems?  The last entry was eight months ago. I have tried all of the fixes but nothing works.  My Sirius works through the Sirius app and in my car.  Can your team pleas address this.  I have not any service since this morning.  Thanks.  I am on the iOS platform.

No Sirius XM today. Login and password are okay and I’m able to login and stream from SiriusXM’s website so the problem is with Sonos.

Error log:

Monday, December 9, 2019 - 10:34 AM Eastern Time
Unable to browse music

Monday, December 9, 2019 - 10:38 AM Eastern Time
Unable to play '782 - Acoustic Christmas' - unable to connect to SiriusXM.

https://status.sonos.com

Badge

Yup, on Dec 9, 2019 there was a problem between Sonos and Sirius all day.  This was noted on the Sonos Status page.  This morning, (12/10/19) i finally connected only to again lose connectivity.  It came down, and now it’s down again, at least for me.  There was also a similar problem between Echo and SiriusXM yesterday as well.  Interestingly, the Sonos Status page is currently showing everything is fine with SiriusXM.

Same issues here. SiriusXM wouldn’t work yesterday. But got it to work last night and this morning after a controller reset, but then it suddenly dropped off again. Waiting for Sonos to fix….ugh!

Can stream thru PC, but want to use my Sonos system.

Update: as of 10:15 est it seems to be working again. Let’s hope it stays fixed.

Badge

The Sonos status page is now showing a major outage with SiriusXM.  So, like yesterday, all we can do is wait.

Sirius is out for me I get “ Dan Patrick show - the connection to SiriusXM was lost”.

Thoughts on what to do or just wait

Sirius is now working, I did an update maybe that did it