Single speakers keeps dropping out

• 24 December 2020
  • 5 replies

Hi, I have just started getting a speaker drop out on a pair of Sonos ones. I already have the lag if playing everywhere which I can’t resolve but now it’s annoying that one keeps dropping out. Please can someone help?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @andrew_wilson1981, Thanks for reaching out, and welcome to the community. Sorry to hear about this issue and thanks for submitting a diagnostic report of your Sonos system. As I checked, it shows some issues. Playback Stopped due to Not Enough Bandwidth, Bad Cloud Health, Interference on Station Mode/Wireless Mode. Kindly check these articles about Reducing wireless interference and Music Service Audio drops or skips for some troubleshooting steps that you can follow and check for the placement of your Sonos speakers if it is way too far from the router because it detects low bandwidth or signal from the router. 

Let us know how it goes and we're here to answer any further questions you have.

Hi,

thank you for the reply Simon.

just a quick question, would a Sonos Boost help with this? All of my speakers are wireless and I don’t have the option of hard-wiring them, but they aren’t too far away from my main router.

thinking would a separate mesh work in this instance?

thank you

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi there @andrew_wilson1981, thanks for the update. A Sonos Boost would help with your connections to your Sonos system.

The Boost can be wired to a home router or used wirelessly to extend the range of an existing SonosNet wireless mesh network. If a Boost is wired to the router it will automatically set up the proprietary SonosNet wireless mesh network, allowing other Sonos devices in range to join the mesh. If an existing SonosNet wireless network exists and the range needs to be extended then a Boost can be wirelessly added to the existing mesh, extending its range and allow devices that were previously out-of-range to join the mesh network.

It has a 2 port Ethernet switch built-in, to allow the Boost to be wired to a router and to also allow another wired connection to any network-capable device.

It uses SonosNet 2.0, (802.11n) wireless, to provide better bandwidth, better range, and more robust noise rejection. It is not an audio component, it has no audio capabilities of its own, and it is generally used as the 'first wired device' in a SonosNet setup.

Keep us posted on how it goes and we're here to answer any further questions you have.

Hi Simon,

I have purchased a boost and I thought it had solved the problem but it is happening again now… please can you help again?

Causing lag between all speakers grouping together.

thank you

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @andrew_wilson1981, thanks for the update and for sending a diagnostic report of your Sonos system, upon checking, it still shows interference between the connections. Since you’re using a Sonos Boost and the issue persists, we’ll take this further, I'll ask you to kindly contact our phone support team for further assistance and more in-depth troubleshooting steps.  

Let us know how it goes and we're here to answer any further questions you have.