Answered

Single Play 5 Gen 2 with Play Sub

• 1 April 2018
  • 6 replies

When I connect the Play 5 gen 2 with the Sub I can barely hear the Sub performing unless I crank the sub level in settings to max as opposed to when I connect the Sub with a play 5 gen 1 which is crazy on the lows and overall loudness even when the levels in the settings are kept at the center. Could someone help me out with this. Thank you.
icon

Best answer by Edward R 4 April 2018, 14:19

Hi, Pavan1112. Welcome to the community. Have you Trueplayed either of these devices? Can you try toggling this on/off? The SUB will behave slightly differently from device to device, so this isn't necessarily unusual. Keep me posted. Thanks.
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hi, Pavan1112. Welcome to the community. Have you Trueplayed either of these devices? Can you try toggling this on/off? The SUB will behave slightly differently from device to device, so this isn't necessarily unusual. Keep me posted. Thanks.
Hi Edward,
Thank you so much for the reply. Yes I did trueplay them a couple of times every time I unpaired and paired it back. Also tried to toggle on/off a couple of times. But in vain. It’s like the sub is barely working till about 75% volume. Whereas with the same volume on the Gen 1 play 5 it’s crazy the sub just comes alive. Thank you. Read somewhere not sure where though that the sub automatically adjusts differently with different components of Sonos in terms of frequencies. I’m not sure what the issue is here. Running the latest software and firmware as well. Thank you.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi Edward,
Thank you so much for the reply. Yes I did trueplay them a couple of times every time I unpaired and paired it back. Also tried to toggle on/off a couple of times. But in vain. It’s like the sub is barely working till about 75% volume. Whereas with the same volume on the Gen 1 play 5 it’s crazy the sub just comes alive. Thank you. Read somewhere not sure where though that the sub automatically adjusts differently with different components of Sonos in terms of frequencies. I’m not sure what the issue is here. Running the latest software and firmware as well. Thank you.

Hi Pavan1112,

If you're still having issues with your SUB"s output, please submit a diagnostic report from your Sonos app, then reply here with the confirmation number.
Hi Jeff,
I got a temporary fix to my problem. Did toggle Trueplay yet again as suggested earlier by Edward and man it’s making a world of a difference with the bass overall from the Sub as well as the Play 5 Gen 2. The 70% loss I was seeing earlier is completely compensated once I switch off Trueplay. But it’s exactly the other way round with all my other setups which I have my Play bar with a sub and the Gen 1 Play 5 with Sub. In these setups the Trueplay on I fact gets my bass spot on in terms of overall performance but exactly the opposite with the Play 5 Gen 2. Hope the get this fixed with the next updates. Cheers.
Having the same issue and posted about it just now - Gen 2 Play 5 and SUB is really thin sounding when using Trueplay - you have to have Trueplay off with this combination - I'd love to see this addressed as my Gen 1 Play 5 with the SUB and Trueplay sounds excellent
See here