Answered

Shouldn't my wireless SONOS Symfonisk next to my wired Connect 1 have perfect connection due to Sonosnet?

• 19 September 2021
  • 5 replies

Badge +3
  • Avid Contributor I
  • 13 replies

Hey all.

I have a router with wifi pretty far from my setup below.

However, at my setup I have a Sonos Connect 1 that is ethernet wired connected to my router.

Next (as in, 50cm) to my Sonos Connect 1, I have two Sonos Ikea Symfonisk which is wireless.

I am using OS S1 and according to “About my system” everything is “WM:0”.

From I understand, if a single device (my Sonos Connect 1) is ethernet wired, it will create the Sonosnet for all other (wireless) devices.

If so, how come my Symfonisk speakers are repeatedly getting hiccups/stutters while playing music (from my connect)?

Shouldn’t the short distance basically make the connection flawless in theory?

icon

Best answer by ClausN 20 September 2021, 06:42

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7

The Connect might be too close to the SYMFONISK speakers. Can you move them further apart from each other?

Badge +3

The Connect might be too close to the SYMFONISK speakers. Can you move them further apart from each other?

I can try that, but it sounds like, in theory, I should have flawless connection, right? Since the Connect 1 should create a network for the speakers?

I can try that, but it sounds like, in theory, I should have flawless connection, right? Since the Connect 1 should create a network for the speakers?

It can only be flawless for components connected to Connect by wire - ethernet or audio cable. Because the last hop to Symphonisk is still wireless and can be affected by interference even in this case. If adding some separation as suggested does not work, use a patch LAN cable to wire the other port of the Connect to the left side Symphonisk’s ethernet jack. Even then the right speaker will be served wirelessly by the left, but is less likely to have issues.

If there are no other Sonos units in the frame, you can even disable the WiFi on the wired to router Connect; that will make it totally immune to interference and it will even run cooler in that mode, where it working as an unmanaged network switch for getting hard wire to the Symphonisk.

Have you tried changing the SonosNet channel? https://support.sonos.com/s/article/1219?language=en_US

Badge +3

Have you tried changing the SonosNet channel? https://support.sonos.com/s/article/1219?language=en_US

It seems like changing this gives better results \o/