Answered

Setup used system

• 8 February 2017
  • 7 replies

I bought a used Play 5. I got it setup and working, but how can I get it to point to my Pandora account, instead of showing me all the previous owner's stations? Thanks.
icon

Best answer by SHARKB8T 8 February 2017, 05:15

.... Or if this is your only device...

You may want to start with a factory reset of the device to remove all details of previous ownership...

Unplug the power cord from the electrical wall outlet.
Press and hold the Play/Pause button while simultaneously plugging the power cord back into the electrical wall outlet.
Continue holding the Play/Pause button until the light begins flashing amber and white.
Once reset, the light will flash green indicating the product has been reset and can be added back to your Sonos household.

This way you can connect to a new, clean system.
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Go into settings. Click on my services. Click on pandora and chose replace account.
Userlevel 5
Badge +10
.... Or if this is your only device...

You may want to start with a factory reset of the device to remove all details of previous ownership...

Unplug the power cord from the electrical wall outlet.
Press and hold the Play/Pause button while simultaneously plugging the power cord back into the electrical wall outlet.
Continue holding the Play/Pause button until the light begins flashing amber and white.
Once reset, the light will flash green indicating the product has been reset and can be added back to your Sonos household.

This way you can connect to a new, clean system.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
True
Thanks. Replace account didn't work, but I selected Remove Account and then added my Pandora account. Problem solved 😳
Thanks. Replace account didn't work, but I selected Remove Account and then added my Pandora account. Problem solved :$
It isn't actually. You should follow SHARKB8T's directions to factory reset the unit, otherwise it will remain registered as the previous owner's, and you won't receive any email news from Sonos. And if the previous owner didn't in fact register it at all, you won't receive any Sonos software updates either.

Furthermore, without your own Sonos account you won't be able to participate in any beta programs should you wish to do so.
Or you will be enrolled in beta if you do not wish to do so (like if you use iOS devices).
Good points! Thanks much.