setup drop outs

• 31 December 2018
  • 0 replies

Userlevel 1
My Sonos system consists of
1x play 1, 1x play 3, 1x play 5 (1st gen), 1x play 5 (2nd gen)
I live in a reasonably big Victorian house with thick walls. I have always struggled with Wi-Fi in the extreme reaches of the building and have used Wi-Fi extenders to get the signal throughout the house. This led to poor Sonos performance in the main bedroom (play 1). So I bought a Sonos boost thinking that this would help with the poor signal in that room. The problem is that by solving the poor signal in the bedroom, my play 5 (1st gen) is behaving really strangely. It’s the closest to the router and the boost. It will start to play a track, then will stop, drop completely off the network and reappear about 3 minutes later. It was working just fine with the Wi-Fi setup. So far I have tried:
Changing the control channel on the router to 6 and on the sonosnet channel to 11. Removing all devices that could interfere with the 2.4GHz frequency including unplugging the Wi-Fi extender and cordless phones. I have an ASUS DSL-AC68u and have disabled airtime fairness as a precaution. I’ve deleted the Wi-Fi credentials on the controllers. None of these have made much of a difference. It’s very frustrating that the one product that was meant to solve a connection issue as caused me another more problematic one. Anyone have any further ideas on what could be going on?
TIA

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.