Answered

Setting up Play:1 in surround sound and by theirselves

• 12 March 2018
  • 2 replies

I set my Play:1 with my surround sound. I want to also be able to move one them around to other rooms and set them up by their self separate from the other room. Is this possible?
icon

Best answer by Edward R 16 March 2018, 14:45

Hi, jsbrx522. Welcome to the community. In a word, no. You cannot have it operate as part of a surround system whilst also having it function as its own room. You would have to remove it as a surround speaker, then assign it a new name when you want to use it in another room. When you move it back to the 5.1 system, you would then have to follow the process to re-add it to the home theatre system. Please let us know if you need anything else.
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi, jsbrx522. Welcome to the community. In a word, no. You cannot have it operate as part of a surround system whilst also having it function as its own room. You would have to remove it as a surround speaker, then assign it a new name when you want to use it in another room. When you move it back to the 5.1 system, you would then have to follow the process to re-add it to the home theatre system. Please let us know if you need anything else.
Thanks. That is the conclusion I came to. I appreciate the confirmation.