Answered

Setting Max Volume or Gain On Sonos Amp

• 20 January 2019
  • 2 replies

Hello,

New member here and first post.

I have had a vintage Mcintosh amp hooked up to a connect for some time and love the Sonos experience. My Mcintosh amp keeps acting up and I’m considering buying the new Sonos Amp.

The speaker I will have them hooked up to are very efficient at 103db. Is there a way to cap the max output of the Amp? I’m looking to safeguard the speakers from accidentally turning up the amp all the way.
icon

Best answer by controlav 20 January 2019, 16:48

Sonos recently added a "max volume" setting per device, I assume that also works on the new AMP (I don't have one myself to verify).
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21
Sonos recently added a "max volume" setting per device, I assume that also works on the new AMP (I don't have one myself to verify).
That is precisely what I was hoping for. After reading your reply I looked and was able to find that setting for the Connect. I would assume the Amp would have that as well. If anyone can verify for sure that would be great. Thanks.