Question

Separate Surround Speakers From Playbar?

• 17 December 2016
  • 1 reply

Badge
I would like to be able to operate the two Play3s that are part of my surround system WITHOUT the playbar when listening to music (not watching TV). Is there an easy way to set up this option? Can I just setup another “room” (Living Room 2) and pair the Play3s in that ‘room’ and just switch to Living Ro
om 2 when listening to music?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
They have to be unpaired zone or paired with Playbar. Setting to Full mode makes them play in stereo with the playbar when listening to music (I have to say before I would no want this as I thought the Playbar wasn't a very good speaker with music - but with Trueplay tuning I find the Playbar to be really good now for music too).

Anyhow - sorry you can't separate them on the fly. You have to go through room settings and unpair them (they should then become a separate zone). Then pair them back when done using them as separate zone. It's not a long process - a few minutes at most but its not on the fly.