Answered

Search results for Plex: "Unable to browse music"

• 10 October 2021
  • 15 replies

I am running Plex server (with a Plex pass) on my NAS, and the connection usually works fine. I am able to browse to my Plex and play music successfully from there. If I search for music, it will find hits in Plex, but if I then attempt to go to there, I get "unable to browse music". I've tried restarting everything I can, I've re-authenticated, and it's been doing this for a couple months.

icon

Best answer by Corry P 18 February 2022, 12:18

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

15 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @jbuergel 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

Thank you for reporting this - I get the same results on my own system. Reauthorising does not help, nor does removing Plex from Sonos and adding it again. I also tried rebooting the Plex server, to no avail.

I’ve reported this to our engineers, and will update you here when I hear about a resolution.

In the meantime, I can only suggest you browse music manually within Plex, as that still seems to work properly.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @jbuergel 

A quick update: we’ve done some investigation, confirmed the issue and created a ticket.

You should still be able to search for individual tracks, if that’s of any help. Personally, I found inconsistent results - I was able to play after searching for some artists/albums and not others. 

Thanks for the response, I’m glad it’s being worked on.

I too am having the same issue. Started fairly recently. No changes to my Plex Server

Any update on this issue?

Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @MLV555 

The only update we’ll get is that it’s fixed, and that will be reported here at the time. No news to share.

I am so glad you are working on this as I too am having the same problem.

Having the same problem here as well. Very, very frustrating — especially since Plex places no cap on the number of albums in the database. 

Same problem here too!  Especially since Sonos isn’t implementing a secure way to connect directly to a NAS music library and we’re all using Plex as a workaround, it sure would be nice if we could get this working!  Spotify is great and all but that’s not what I wanted out of Sonos and I really want to be able to browse my native library.

Yes, I encounter issues too with plex/plex pass and its 32400 (TCP) port forwarding.

All media will play locally and remotely using the Plex App, but I very often get ‘unable to play’ / ‘connection lost’ when using the plex built-in-service within the Sonos App, but the exact same tracks immediately (and always) play fine using the plex native App.

I suspect this is something that plex perhaps needs to fix. It’s their service that’s using the Sonos API and if they have things working for their own software, then they need to resolve their service available through the Sonos App.

I find myself resorting to plex ‘connect’ in the plex App to play to my Sonos devices, so all isn’t entirely lost, but it would be (very) nice to have the Sonos plex service fixed, so that we then have a choice of where to begin playback/control of the locally stored music audio.

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Was this fixed at some point? I am still having the same problem with Sonos version 13.4.1 (that’s what the app lists) and Plex 1.39.1.2763.

Same problem here, since 2 days: unable to browse music.
Latest version of plex and sonos app S1. I've done all the troubleshooting I could think of. Nothing strange in the Plex logs. Did not change anything. Worked flawlessly for years.

Same issue - i can cast to sonos from Plexamp with no issues though.  It’s been like this long term (around 6months or more). Only re-amerged as Amazon music has been skipping after a few seconds on each track so i was scrabbling to find my tunes.

Same problem here, since 2 days: unable to browse music.
Latest version of plex and sonos app S1. I've done all the troubleshooting I could think of. Nothing strange in the Plex logs. Did not change anything. Worked flawlessly for years.

I removed Plex completely and re-installed. Everything seems to be working again.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi All!

Apologies for the delay in updating this thread - I have been absent for some time.

I can confirm that Plex resolved this issue and we now consider it closed.