Question

Search function kills Sonos controller app 6.4.8 on Android 4.4.2 tablet

• 9 November 2016
  • 4 replies

Badge
Recently updated to Sonos Controller 6.4.8 (build 331534191) on my Acer Android (version 4.4.2) tablet. Now any time I try to use the search function, I get the "Unfortunately, Sonos has stopped." message popping up. I cleared the cache and settings using Clear data for the Sonos app, reconnected to the existing system and problem still occurs. Uninstalled the app followed by a reinstall from the Google store and verified that I reinstalled the same version and build. Sometimes I can get a couple characters entered into search and the matches start to show before the app stops. It certainly impacts functionality. Am I alone in experiencing this problem? Any suggestions?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Recently updated to Sonos Controller 6.4.8 (build 331534191) on my Acer Android (version 4.4.2) tablet. Now any time I try to use the search function, I get the "Unfortunately, Sonos has stopped." message popping up. I cleared the cache and settings using Clear data for the Sonos app, reconnected to the existing system and problem still occurs. Uninstalled the app followed by a reinstall from the Google store and verified that I reinstalled the same version and build. Sometimes I can get a couple characters entered into search and the matches start to show before the app stops. It certainly impacts functionality. Am I alone in experiencing this problem? Any suggestions?

Hi Philip,

Please try sending a diagnostic report from your Android app. If you're able to submit the report, reply with the confirmation number and I'll take a look.
Badge
I submitted diagnostic 6986583. Controller was updated to 7.0 and Music library search still crashes. Thanks.
Badge
Did also submit a question to Support and sent you a PM.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
I submitted diagnostic 6986583. Controller was updated to 7.0 and Music library search still crashes. Thanks.

In this case it would be best to work with our phone team to get things sorted out. Please give us a call and reference your case number. You can find our number and hours here.