Answered

say I want to use my ROAM at a golf course?

• 5 August 2022
  • 4 replies

Say, I want to use ROAM at a golf course away from my Sonos system.  The following steps did not work:

1. Charge ROAM
  2. Set up ROAM on my SONOS network
  3. Switch to Bluetooth pairing by holding down power for 2 seconds
  4. Pair the ROAM with my iPhone using Bluetooth
  5. Test the connection
  6. Turn off the speaker by holding down power for 5 seconds
  7. Turn on the speaker at the golf course

When I completed Step 7, the light was blinking white (I think because it was searching for wifi, which was 50 miles away) and refused to switch to Bluetooth via a two second press of the power button.

Help?

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 6 August 2022, 14:59

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7

If you have previously paired the Roam with your iPhone, you should just be able to power on the Roam, go to your iPhone’s Bluetooth settings, and select the Roam from the list of previously connected devices. You don’t have to put the Roam in Bluetooth mode.

I tried that yesterday and it didn’t work.  After blinking white, it went to blinking green, (and then to solid red after I tried hitting the play button).  However, I’ll allow that I didn’t do the set-up fully and or otherwise screwed up.  I’ll try again today following my previous steps and your advice.  Thanks.

It worked on a second attempt.  I turned on the Roam and waited patiently without pressing any buttons and the connection was made.  Perhaps I interrupted that process last time.  I still think there should be a way to easily manually switch to Bluetooth, but this process works.

It worked on a second attempt.  I turned on the Roam and waited patiently without pressing any buttons and the connection was made.  Perhaps I interrupted that process last time.  I still think there should be a way to easily manually switch to Bluetooth, but this process works.

Once the Roam has been paired (one-time only), It doesn’t get much easier… just select the Roam in the mobile device Bluetooth list to connect to it.. no need to touch anything on the Roam - you can do everything from the mobile device.

The first attempt you mention in your previous post sounds very much like you were perhaps messing with the play/volume- buttons and may have accidentally put the Roam into ‘diagnostic dump’ mode, at least that’s my guess, as that mode causes the Roam LED to cycle through various colours.