Answered

Samsung Tv q90r & Sonos arc & Apple tv 4k Dolby Atmos

• 20 August 2022
  • 2 replies

Hi

have spend a whole day trying to figure out what the problem is. But didn’t succeed, so I hope maybe someone here could help me out.

my problem is that in my Sonos app Dolby Atmos is not displayed when watching movies from my Apple TV 4K. It only displays Dolby Digital plus 5.1.

alle the movies in different apps (Netflix, Disney, HBO) shows the Atmos option in the info title. Normally when this is displayed I am also receiving Atmos on my Sonos app. 

when using the mentioned apps from my tv instead of Apple TV 4K I am also getting Atmos on my Sonos app. 

Anybody who can tell med what the h… is going on :) 

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 20 August 2022, 10:30

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

I don’t think that model of TV has HDMI eARC it only has ARC (I believe).

If that is the case, it cannot support the Apple TV’s default ‘multichannel Linear PCM’ uncompressed format and is therefore reverting to the compressed DD/DD+ 5.1 audio. 

One way around the issue is to use an audio extractor, such as the HDFury Arcana, or similar product and bypass the limitation of the TV.

Ok thanks a lot! Then that’s what I have to do. Is HDFury Arcana the best model or are there other models?

and I suppose that I need to connect my tv to HDFury Arcana and then from here to Apple TV? 

thanks really appreciate your help!