Samsung TV cutting out with Connect and Play 1

• 18 April 2021
  • 7 replies

Hi, my diagnostic number is 179484943.

The audio from my tv works fine sometimes and others it cuts out all the time, regardless of the channel.  Two paired Play 1 speakers with a connect hardwired to the tv and router.  Both speakers show WM:0.

Any help would be much appreciated.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Userlevel 7

Did the audio cut outs just recently start happening or has it always been this way? How exactly is the Connect connected to your TV?

It was fine the first year then started about a year ago.  The connect is hooked to the tv with analog bnc plugs (two on the connect and one on the tv).  (thanks in advancefor helping!)

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @kmckay 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

You seem to have a faulty ethernet cable - please replace it. In addition, it looks like the Connect is too close to your router (or other wireless access point) - please separate them by 1m.

Thanks.

Thank you very much. That helped a little bit. It seems the problem is only occurring when I use Netflix. When my TV is in TV mode it isn’t an issue.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @kmckay

If the issue only occurs while using Netflix and not while receiving TV from the aerial, I have to conclude that the issue is with the TV, not Sonos. 

You may be able to adjust settings on the Netflix app (or the TV ‘s settings) to only use PCM audio (stereo) - that may make the TV treat Netflix audio the same as it treats broadcasted TV audio, in a manner of speaking.

Thanks again. I thought that has solved it for a bit (and was pretty embarassed because I thought i’d already done that but hadn’t) but then last night the sound went horrible again.  Anyways, did some research and think it’s the tv like you said and working on that.  Thank you for the help.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @kmckay 

Thanks again. I thought that has solved it for a bit (and was pretty embarassed because I thought i’d already done that but hadn’t) but then last night the sound went horrible again.  Anyways, did some research and think it’s the tv like you said and working on that.  Thank you for the help.

You’re very welcome.

I think the best way to narrow this down is to connect the Connect to a device other than your TV - if that works without issue, that would make it much easier to blame the TV. Or we may discover the opposite.