Answered

Samsung TV Connection Frustration

• 18 August 2019
  • 3 replies

Upon initial setup when I purchased the Beam I easily connected it to my Samsung TV but it was not perfect. There was an audio sync issue that I overlooked where the voices were off from the sound and it was not seamless to control the volume with my other remotes but i was relatively happy and very happy with the sound quality. That changed a couple months in when I did an update in order to enable my Google Assistant voice services only to find out that I could not and apparently will not be able to leverage my personal Music Library via the long awaited Sonos-Google Assistant integration. I forgot about the TV connection for a while but now when I try to connect it I feel like the Anynet+ connection does not work, I have enabled it (actually it was already enabled) but that seems to do nothing.

I don't know what to do next but if I cannot connect my TV then the Beam is nearly useless to me.

Thanks for listening and any help is really appreciated.

Marty
icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 19 August 2019, 00:33

Try unplugging your TV from the wall for 2 minutes, then plug it back in.

Make sure that the Beam is connected to an HDMI-ARC port, some TVs have one of them, others have all HDMI ports as HDMI-ARC enabled, so it's worth double checking.
View original

3 replies

Try unplugging your TV from the wall for 2 minutes, then plug it back in.

Make sure that the Beam is connected to an HDMI-ARC port, some TVs have one of them, others have all HDMI ports as HDMI-ARC enabled, so it's worth double checking.
  • Wow @Airgetlam, thank you for the advice! I plugged it back in and it was instantly working again. No further setup required. Other issues for me to work on but that one seems to be resolved.

Thanks
Marty
Glad it fixed it for you.

I'm not a huge fan of the entire HDMI-CEC spec, and especially the way that each company seems to have implemented it slightly differently. It seems to lend itself to breaking at the hub level (the TV) fairly frequently, which is what that physical unplug/replug forces a reset of.

So, if this ever happens again, just remember to "reboot" your TV 🙂