Answered

Samsung & Sonos Beam Lip Sync Issue

• 12 February 2019
  • 1 reply

Hi all,

I have a problem with the lip sync on my Samsung 48h6400 TV and the Sonos Beam, seemingly something which is happening on others with a similar set up. We use Samsung's SmartHub to watch content on Amazon, Netflix, BBC iPlayer etc and sometimes on a Sony BDR.

I've managed to get it as close as possible by logging in to service menus and finding the audio delay under there (setting it to zero) as well as the normal audio syncing on the TV menus. But there are sometimes on Netflix where the audio is still out of sync with the video. The signal doesn't have any alterations (I saw this question in another thread such as 'Extra wide') and is in Dolby Digital. I did try to switch to PCM but the sound was really quiet and not expansive as DD. The Beam is connected to the TV's ARC HDMI input. HDMI-CEC is turned on but it's only picking up the Sony BDR.

I ran a diagnostic whilst watching last night, the ID is 1376511052.

I'm hoping there is something that can be done, there seems to be quite a few issues connecting to Samsung, LG, Sony, Sky for it to be the fault of the source.

Cheers,

Richie.
icon

Best answer by AjTrek1 12 February 2019, 18:08

Hi RichieT

Sorry to hear that you are having lip sync issues with your Beam. Since you have submitted a diagnostic that's a good first step. I'd be curious to know if the issue(s) exists with the Beam disconnected (i.e. using the built-in speakers).

Another test would be to use the Beam with the optical adapter as HDMI_ARC (CEC) is implemented differently by just about every TV manufacturer.

For an accurate test I'd reset the TV to factory specs.

Cheers!
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Hi RichieT

Sorry to hear that you are having lip sync issues with your Beam. Since you have submitted a diagnostic that's a good first step. I'd be curious to know if the issue(s) exists with the Beam disconnected (i.e. using the built-in speakers).

Another test would be to use the Beam with the optical adapter as HDMI_ARC (CEC) is implemented differently by just about every TV manufacturer.

For an accurate test I'd reset the TV to factory specs.

Cheers!