Answered

Samsung QE55QN85B not working with Sonos Beam Gen2

• 8 September 2022
  • 2 replies

Bought a Samsung QE55QN85B 4 weeks ago and connected to a Sonos Beam Gen2 bought on 6 Aug. 
Both devices have the latest updates. 
HDMI cable supplied with Sonos is ok and connected to HDMI eARC. 
No issues streaming to Sonos from iPhone but sound from TV drops. Have tried every combination of switching off and restarting TV/Sonos, have gone through every set up option on TV. Tv shows output to Sonos Beam. Sonos app shows it thinks it’s connected to the TV and adjusting volume on TV shows same adjustments on Sonos app. 
However there is no sound from the Beam. Best I’ve achieved is to get sound from You Tube on TV but as soon as I changed to Disney+ sound was jittery and then stopped altogether. 
Have phoned John Lewis for technical support for the TV, reset the TV and redone the connections. For about 3 minutes had sound from the Beam but then stopped. 
John Lewis are now exchanging the TV as we are assuming it’s a fault with the TV. However I will post again if the issue is not resolved when the TV is replaced on 15 Sept. 
If it is still not working then it would seem a safe assumption that the Sonos is the issue. 

icon

Best answer by 106rallye 9 September 2022, 09:27

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7

Did you try disabling eARC in the TV settings? Samsung TVs with eARC are known to have issues.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

You only need eARC when you have sources that use uncompressed sound formats. The apps on your TV all use compressed formats (DD+ mainly) so if you only use those you do not need eARC.