Question

Samsung Q95t Sonos Soundbar delay.

• 28 October 2020
  • 8 replies

Hi Everyone,

I’ve just hooked up my Samsung Q95T to my Sonos Soundbar and there seems to be a slight delay on the sound. This wasn’t an issue with my previous Samsung TV. Hoping there is a setting that I’ve missed but can’t seem to find it.

Thanks!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @DannyW76, Thank you for reaching out and welcome to the community. Sorry to hear about this issue on audio delay. Kindly check this article about Audio and video are out of sync for some steps in resolving this issue. 

Let us know what you have in mind with the advice above.
The Sonos community is always here to help.

And, of course, if that information doesn’t help, it would be useful to know which particular Sonos sound bar you have, and how it is connected to your Samsung. It might help to update the firmware on the TV as well. 

Hello I am having the exact same issue with this tv and playbar has anyone had any success with the audio sync? I had no issues at all with my previous Samsung tv.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Samsung have been working on sync issues on their newer TVs, make sure you have the latest firmware on the TV. If problems persist you may have to switch from HDMI to optical when connecting to the TV, at least until Samsung have a fix for your TV.

Hi I’m already using optical and the sync is completely out it’s so bad can anyone help.

Thanks for the replies everyone, a little more context.

My TV is connected to my Soundbar (original Play Bar) via an optical cable. TV is connected to my Virgin Media cable box (V6) and I have two Sonos Play 1’s and Sub for surround. My V6 box is set to Dolby Digital and on certain HD channels the sound is off. I’m reluctant to make too many changes on the Sonos as other HD channels work fine. Interestingly, if I change the V6 to Dolby Digital PCM the affected HD channels work fine. 

I’ve updated to the latest available firmware version for the TV and that hasn’t made any difference, I’m about to try the same for both the V6 and the Sonos equipment as I’m not sure what else to try. As I mentioned before, this was fine on my previous Samsung TV so not sure what the difference would be on the Q95. I’ve also changed HDMI cables, and changed the HDMI port to and from HDMI Arc.

Hi, I had the exact same issue and what turned out to fix it was changing the audio setting on the virgin v6 to pcm setting. It fixed it straight away. Give it a try

I’ve done that for now, but in turning on PCM it removes the stereo sound (in the Sonos logs you can see it change from stereo 2.0 for PCM to Dolby Stereo when Dolby Digital is selected). Shouldn’t really have to do that, which is why I’m leaning more on it being a Virgin Media issue.