Samsung Q60T with Sonos Arc

• 14 November 2020
  • 8 replies

Badge

Hi all

i have seen a lot of posts here and on Samsung forum about the eArc issue but no mention of my specific issue. 

Everything set up easily and sounds excellent, however, randomly the sound will completely cut out. Seems to happen after unpausing a show or some times after a fast forward or changing channels Turning the tv off and back on solves it.  I am connected earc out of the tv. 
I got the Arc a couple of weeks prior to getting the Q60T and the Arc works perfectly. I had the Arc connected to my 2006 Pioneer plasma tv via the optical out on my cable box. Not 1 issue at all. 
Seems some finger pointing between Samsung and Sonos going on at source of issues? Could it be some growing pains of new technology? I feel pretty confident it’s an eArc issue with the TV and not the Sonos Arc. 
My set up is as simple as it gets. Cable box is the only input device to tv out to Sonos Arc. 

Been using SonoS products for years so more loyal to SonoS than any tv brand. 

Thank you all!!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @Mgunny, welcome to the Sonos community. Thank you for letting us know about your concern. Let me share this thread that may be helpful for you. We have been receiving reports with the same concern and our engineers are working on a permanent fix so you can smoothly use and enjoy the Sonos Arc with your TV. When you check the link, you will find the best answer for the workarounds. We keep track of every thread especially the threads with ongoing issues. We’ll keep you all posted here once we have an available update for you. Thanks for your patience and understanding. We and the community are always here to help.

Badge

Good morning Rowena

After changing the HDMI cable from my set top box to the TV to a “premium” high speed cable, everything has been stable the past couple of days. I’m still holding my breath for the issue to re appear but so far so good.

Is the HDMI cable that ships with the Arc a certified premium cable that is built and tested to deliver 18gbps / 4K@60hz? That would be the weakest link in the chain if it is not. 

Is this issue thought to be a Samsung issue or a Sonos issue? I lean towards it being a Samsung issue as the Arc preformed flawlessly with my old tv using the optical out of my cable box for several weeks before the Arc arrived. 

Thank you

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @Mgunny, thank you for the update and for your response. Please continue to monitor your Sonos system and reach back to us for assistance.

The HDMI cable that came with the Sonos Arc is HDMI 2.0 which you can use to connect your Sonos Arc to your TV with HDMI ARC or eARC, you’ll be able to access hi-res audio formats like Dolby Atmos. Please note that most TVs only support hi-res audio formats when using HDMI ARC or eARC. If you experience any audio issue, you can use the optical cable and you’ll still receive a great audio experience. 

If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know. The Sonos Community is always here to help.

Badge

So after a solid week everything has remained stable. I did replace all of the HDMI cables in my system with brand new premium high speed cables. 

The only remaining minor irritation is it takes a couple of seconds for the audio to come thru the Arc upon initially turning the tv on. Not a big deal really but would be nice to know if that is just normal or not, or if it’s the tv or the Arc. All delay settings for the tv and arc are either off or set to their lowest possible setting. 

Thank you

Thanks for posting this and I look forward in reading through this exchange and the linked exchange for more information.  I’m having the same issue in that audio cuts in/out when first turning on the TV.  I end up having to remove and plug back in the HDMI cable and it’s resolved…..until the next time I turn on the TV.  I unplugged the Arc and that fixed it for a couple weeks, but it returned this week. 

I just ended a painful 1 hour session with support where they said everything with Sonos is fine and it’s either the TV or the cable.  I’m using a premium high speed cable and a new Samsung TV and both worked fine for about a month.  Anyway, glad to see some affirmation that it’s not an isolated issue and perhaps a fix is forthcoming.  Thanks!

Badge

Howdy NorCalCraig

My issue seems a little different than yours but all of these issues are unacceptable. I have had Sonos products around my house for years so it only made sense to get the Arc to add along with my new TV.

I still lean toward it being a Samsung problem and not SonoS, but smarter folks than me are the ones designing, programming and producing these products and they, Samsung and SonoS, both say they are aware of these issues and are working together to resolve them. There is a bit of finger pointing going on between the two, which is not unexpected. 

I just hope that at some point a definitive root cause and solution to everyone’s issues between these products can be given and updates provided to resolve them once and for all. 

Bonsoir, 

j’ai fais l’acquisition tous récemment ( 1 semaine )

d un sonos Arc couplet en surrouund avec 2 Play 1 SL

ainsi qu’une télévision Q95t 2020 de chez Samsung 

et je rencontre casiment tous les problèmes évoqués ci dessus

c  a d 

• lorsque que je suis en hdmi 2.1 câblé sur le port earc de la Tv j’ai des coupures de son ( intempestives et régulières)
  • je suis passé avec le câble optique le son fonction est de bonne qualité mais plus de télécommande fonctionnelle 
  • et que se soit en hdmi ou optique je n’arrive pas avoir de son DD+

Chaque Equipement fonctionne parfaitement individuellement mais ensemble ça fonctionne pas 

je suis déjà équipé de sonos depuis plusieurs années 

et ai toujours eu que des Tv Samsung mais là je suis …. 

bref je croise les doigts pour que vs m’apportiez  une solution 

j’ai posté casiment le même post sur le forum Samsung sans réponse pour le moment

cdt

I have the same issue as the original poster. I have used the HDMI cable which came with the Sonos Arc. Since the TV is wall mounted, I am not able to replace the cable that easily.

Any fix in sight ?