SAMSUNG 75" QE75Q8C, impossible control the volume with the new smart control remote

• 4 October 2017
  • 2 replies

I have replaced the tv, today,the new one is a samsung QE75Q8C
I have connected on the same way that last tv, samsung model 2016, UE75KS8000, throught digital output.
I have configurated universal remote for sonos, and it works, more or less , but only up 1 meter range from playbar.
with the same remote it is compatible for both models. worked perfectly on tv model samsung UE75KS8000.
do you know what has change that make imposible works. if I use the old IR remotes, works well.

thank you

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

adding the problem, also DOLBY DIGITAL OUTPUT FROM TV, NO RECOGNIZE PLAYBAR LIKE A COMPATIBLE BAR
ONLY WORKING ON PCM
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hello there, manza1: Thanks for reaching out about this. After a quick bit of research, it seems the remote that came with your new Samsung TV is a Samsung One Remote. This type of remote uses radio frequencies to control your TV as opposed to the Infra-Red remotes you have. We have a pretty comprehensive article that should be able to walk you through the steps of setting up your PLAYBAR to work with the Samsung One Remote here. These steps may address both issues you are experiencing with remote control and the audio output.

If these steps do not help and you still require assistance, it may be advantageous to give our phone technicians a phone call. Our contact information can found here.