Question

Samsung 4k tv & Sonos Playbar - Audio In: Pause Burst

• 17 May 2016
  • 5 replies

I have a samsung 4k tv and the audio sort of pauses or just goes out for a second or two all the time. After reading on the support pages I went ahead and tried to configure the audio settings on my tv to be compliant with the Playbar, the first thing it said was to find out what the Audio In is set to. When i go into "about my sonos system" it says "Audio In: Pause Burst". i submitted support diagnostics - ticket number 6180455. Please help, I don't know a ton about audio components - i just want the sound to work from my tv. thanks!'.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
I have a samsung 4k tv and the audio sort of pauses or just goes out for a second or two all the time. After reading on the support pages I went ahead and tried to configure the audio settings on my tv to be compliant with the Playbar, the first thing it said was to find out what the Audio In is set to. When i go into "about my sonos system" it says "Audio In: Pause Burst". i submitted support diagnostics - ticket number 6180455. Please help, I don't know a ton about audio components - i just want the sound to work from my tv. thanks!'.

Hi Jpaul20,

It would be best to work with our phone team on this issue. We've created a support ticket for you: 160517-001923. Please give us a call, you can find our phone number here.
JPaul, has this issue been resolved? I too own a Samsung 4K tv and have been experiencing the same thing.
i just saw this, we never resolved it - i just avoided the shows that were causing it. i finally can't take it and am calling them today. did you ever resolve your issue?
[quote=jpaul20]I have a samsung 4k tv and the audio sort of pauses or just goes out for a second or two all the time. After reading on the support pages I went ahead and tried to configure the audio settings on my tv to be compliant with the Playbar, the first thing it said was to find out what the Audio In is set to. When i go into "about my sonos system" it says "Audio In: Pause Burst". i submitted support diagnostics - ticket number 6180455. Please help, I don't know a ton about audio components - i just want the sound to work from my tv. thanks!'.[/quote
Go into your tv audio settings. .click on the optical out. .change to auto instead of pcm and you will get proper 5.1 dolby input into the play bar. ..