Answered

Samsung 4K TV Audio Setup w/ Playbar and dual Sonos One’s.

• 24 May 2019
  • 4 replies

New Samsung 4K TV has poor sound quality. Purchased Sonos Playbar. Connected cable box via HDMI universal connector box to TV and audio from universal connector box to Sonos Playbar. Then set up Sonos One speaker on left and right side opposite the TV and Playbar. Don’t get any sound from the TV through the Sonos Ones. Sonos Ones play music just fine. Not sure what’s up with the TV. Only Playbar puts out TV sound.
icon

Best answer by Brody2005 24 May 2019, 22:40

All is well. They are now grouped to the Playbar. Thanks Edward R and to those who were thinking about helping.
View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hi, Brody2005. Welcome to the community. How exactly have you gone about this? Are they Grouped to the Playbar or are they set up as surrounds?

If set up as surrounds, they will not play all of the TV audio. They will not do anything, in fact, unless the audio they are receiving is encoded with surround. Let us know, thanks.
I probably set them up as surround thinking that was the best way to go. When checking my TV tab, the Sonos One Gen. 2 don’t show up. White lights show on both. I just want the to play whatever the Playbar is playing.
I have now removed them from surround. Now they show as unused. I just want them to be slaves to the Playbar. Seems simple enough.
All is well. They are now grouped to the Playbar. Thanks Edward R and to those who were thinking about helping.