Answered

S2 update - Play:1 randomly stops playing

• 28 June 2020
  • 5 replies

Good afternoon all.

After updating to Sonos S2, three of my four PLAY:1 (at the same room) randomly stops playing and (randomly) starts playing again, although they are always shown at the controller.

Sometimes, I have to get them separated and joined again at same room (at the controller) in order to make them play again… 

Before this version, I´ve never had this situation.

All four PLAY:1 are in the same room where my router is located.

Sonos OS: S2
Version: 12.0.1 (build 58178090)

Does anyone have this situation before? Any help? 

Thank you all.

icon

Best answer by Stanley_4 30 June 2020, 09:26

Folks sometimes see IP address related issues after an update or power-loss, powering down all Sonos, rebooting router and controller and then powering up the Sonos one at a time often clears the issue.

If it becomes an aggravation setting static/reserved IP addresses from the router’s DHCP page will usually prevent it.

View original

5 replies

Badge

This has been happening to my SONOS system for a few years, I have even had the SONOS tech’s login to my system and blame our WiFi setup, he made a couple of changes but it hasn’t had any effect.

We try and listen to streamed radio and it always drops out, so today I have the same radios station running via Tune in to speakers connected to my PC as I thought it was the radio station dropping out, when the SONOS Tune in radio drops out, I turn up the volume on the computer speakers and it works fine, so I am afraid SONOS appears to have lost the plot, their gear used to be rock solid but I am loosing faith in their product very quickly which is a pity as we have a house full.

It doesn’t matter which room, which speakers, which music source, it still keeps dropping out.

S2 has made no difference to our system.

Sorry to be no help in fixing your problem, I can only hope that SONOS pulls their fingers out and returns their system back to Rock Solid!

Good luck

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Folks sometimes see IP address related issues after an update or power-loss, powering down all Sonos, rebooting router and controller and then powering up the Sonos one at a time often clears the issue.

If it becomes an aggravation setting static/reserved IP addresses from the router’s DHCP page will usually prevent it.

Badge

Thanks Stanley, I will give this a go when I get a spare couple of minutes.

Hi Stanley.

I did exactly what instructed and so far so good! 

I appreciated a lot.

Thank you!

Badge

Stanley,

I set static IP addresses for some of my SONOS speakers yesterday and they ran all day without dropping out so your suggestion appears to have fixed our problems.

Well done, this is an easy fix although my Router will only let you set 9 Static Addresses and I already use some for other devices but for now I am very happy.

Thanks again