Answered

S2 Play:1

• 11 October 2020
  • 5 replies

Hi! Updated to S2-controller tonight. I have 2 Play:1. I can't get connected both of them. I tried the setup-process with the forst Play:1and the speaker was found, updatet and connected immediately. Everything worked fine. BUT the second speaker was not recognized from S2. 

Though I tried it vice versa in a new installation and  the second Play:1 was found, updated and connectet immediately. BUT now it wasn't possible to connect the first speaker additional, the one that worked in the former setup alone well.

After reading here in the community i tried to reboot my router and both Play:1 and the S2-controller(restart of my Samsung SM J 600) but the S2 further on recognizes only 1 Play:1. What else can I do to solve the issue? Thank you! 

icon

Best answer by Rowena B. 14 October 2020, 01:32

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @Tannlege, thanks for reaching out and welcome to the community. I appreciate your detailed post describing the issue as well as the steps that you did.

To further assist you, submit a diagnostic and reply to us with the confirmation number.

If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.

The Sonos Community is always here to help.

Hi! Thanks for your immediate answer!

Here my diagnosticnumber:

Ditt bekreftelsesnummer er: 1051795360.

What more can I try?

Thank you!'

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

​Hi @Tannlege, thank you for your response and for submitting the diagnostic report. Let check that for you and see what's going on.

Upon checking the diagnostic, your 2 Play 1's are in 2 different systems. They are both connected in the same network but they won't be able to communicate.

Let me suggest the following steps to see if this would work for you. 

1. Factory reset the Play 1 speaker that's not playing the music.
2. Open the Sonos app and connect to your existing system.
3. Once connected, re-setup your Play 1. The light status should be flashing green light to be able to add it.
4. On the Sonos app, go to Settings > System > Add Product (the Sonos app will search for your Play 1)
5. Follow the steps on the Sonos app to complete the setup and registered to your account.

If you encounter any issues during the setup, connect your Play 1 to your router using an ethernet cable and repeat the steps above starting from #2. If it didn't work, I recommend contacting our Sonos Customer Care support with your full network setup including the make and model for each device to further assist you with this to provide the best option for you.

Please feel free to reach out in the future if you have any other questions.

You're always welcome here.

Thank you! I did this before and it didn't work. Nut now in the second try it worked! 

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @Tannlege, thank you for your update. I’m glad that your Sonos system is working now.

If you encounter any issues, just submit a diagnostic and let us know the confirmation number for us to check what’s going on.

Please do not hesitate to reach out or create a topic if you still have further questions or concerns.

The Sonos Community is always here to help.