Question

S2 iOS app wont connect to speakers

• 7 February 2021
  • 1 reply

I have an arc with 2 SL’s. Sound is outrageously good. But recently whenever I open the app it has trouble connecting to the speakers. Now it won’t connect even after resetting everything. I use the iOS app. Was hoping these would be more reliable than they are currently are. 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Perhaps see if this helps to improve things for you…

1. Set the main routers 2.4Ghz WiFi channel to a ‘fixed’ channel 1, 6 or 11 and set the channel-width to 20MHz
  2. Only If the above doesn’t help, then (if practicable) wire just one Sonos device direct to your router. Then go into the Sonos App and do the following two things:
  • Goto “Settings/System/Network” and set the SonosNet channel so that it is at least 5 channels away from your chosen router channel in Step 1 above.
  • Whilst in the Network Settings in the Sonos App, goto ‘Wireless Setup’ and reset/remove your routers WiFi credentials, as these are not required when running your system with one Sonos device wired to the router.

See if that then improves your Sonos connectivity - if not, go back and try a different Router-WiFi/SonosNet channel, but if using SonosNet always keep the two at least 5 channels apart.