Answered

S2 for iphone DOES NOT WORK

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Do yourselves a favor- DO NOT INSTALL S2 on your phone.

I installed it, and the ENTIRE app just freezes. It opens up to My Sonos and the rest of the screen is white, the buttons at the bottom don’t even work!

I bet this was rushed out the door, and like other software company’s plan on fixing it after the release.

My iPhone is an Xs Max most amount of memory, and barely any used.

1. Software freezes upon opening, cannot do a SINGLE thing with it.
  2. I have S2 on my PC (installed with minor assistance from support)
  3. Removed S2 from iPhone.
  4. Installed S1
  5. S1 software told me I have to update to S2

Part 2.

1. Deleted the S2 on my PC.
  2. Reinstalled S2 on iphone- still the same problems, frozen.
  3. Uninstalled S2 on iPhone
  4. Uninstalled S2 from my PC (previously today TS told me the S2 app and S2 PC software needed to be on both at the same time to function properly)
  5. Installed S1 again - same issue
  6. Installed the skinned version of S1 on my PC- same error as I read on my phone “The S1 controller is not compatible with your system.

That cannot be possible. The S1 HAS to be compatible. I have no idea how the installation of the S2 app on my phone earlier today changed my speakers. This is complete garbage.

Installing software shouldn’t be so difficult!!! Now NONE of my speakers!

WHAT IS GOING ON HERE??????

I COMPLETELY REGRET INVESTING MONEY IN A SYSTEM THAT MARKETED ITSELF AS ‘SIMPLE’ TO SET UP. MAYBE 10 YEARS AGO, NO LONGER.

ALL I WANT IS MY ORIGINAL SONOS APP SOFTWARE AND MY OLD SONOS PC SOFTWARE. THIS IS AN UTTER DISASTER. I CANNOT USE MY PHONE, or PC, or the speakers themselves AT ALL NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Moderator Note: Edited out Profanity

icon

Best answer by viper69 19 June 2020, 01:50

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

35 replies

I have the same problem as this original post. No problems till I loaded S2, now system does not recognise my speakers and I cannot go back to S1. How do I get help?

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

I have the same problem as this original post. No problems till I loaded S2, now system does not recognise my speakers and I cannot go back to S1. How do I get help?

Call the support line.

After updating to the S2 app, my phone (iPhone X) will no longer stay connected to my system (Play:1 and Beam).  I have to either reboot the router or reset to factory settings and set up as a new system.  It’s effectively bricked the system, as going through re-setup every few hours isn’t viable.  Any solutions?

Diagnostic information reference:  1889234035.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Do yourselves a favor- DO NOT INSTALL S2 on your phone.

I installed it, and the ENTIRE app just freezes. It opens up to My Sonos and the rest of the screen is white, the buttons at the bottom don’t even work!

I bet this was rushed out the door, and like other software company’s plan on fixing it after the release.

My iPhone is an Xs Max most amount of memory, and barely any used.

1. Software freezes upon opening, cannot do a SINGLE thing with it.
  2. I have S2 on my PC (installed with minor assistance from support)
  3. Removed S2 from iPhone.
  4. Installed S1
  5. S1 software told me I have to update to S2

Part 2.

1. Deleted the S2 on my PC.
  2. Reinstalled S2 on iphone- still the same problems, frozen.
  3. Uninstalled S2 on iPhone
  4. Uninstalled S2 from my PC (previously today TS told me the S2 app and S2 PC software needed to be on both at the same time to function properly)
  5. Installed S1 again - same issue
  6. Installed the skinned version of S1 on my PC- same error as I read on my phone “The S1 controller is not compatible with your system.

That cannot be possible. The S1 HAS to be compatible. I have no idea how the installation of the S2 app on my phone earlier today changed my speakers. This is complete garbage.

Installing software shouldn’t be so difficult!!! Now NONE of my speakers!

WHAT IS GOING ON HERE??????

I COMPLETELY REGRET INVESTING MONEY IN A SYSTEM THAT MARKETED ITSELF AS ‘SIMPLE’ TO SET UP. MAYBE 10 YEARS AGO, NO LONGER.

ALL I WANT IS MY ORIGINAL SONOS APP SOFTWARE AND MY OLD SONOS PC SOFTWARE. THIS IS AN UTTER DISASTER. I CANNOT USE MY PHONE, or PC, or the speakers themselves AT ALL NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Moderator Note: Edited out Profanity

I have had chronic problems as well with S2.  It’s inexcusable.  S2 release was a disaster.

I’m a bit late to this conversation but I feel your pain.

I've spent all afternoon trying to make S2 work on iPhone and constantly get frozen screens. Absolute nightmare and now have no music player!!

Tried all above suggestions and nothing works. Cannot get back to S1 either.

Since the vast majority of us have no issues with running S2 on our iPhones, perhaps opening a new thread with your particulars would get you some assistance in resolving the cause of these issues.

Userlevel 2

I have constant issues with rooms dropping and not coming back after resets. They come back on there own when they feel like it. This update has really eased up my system where I have spent a couple of thousand on. They have to know the issue and should get it fixed

That’s a local issue in your network, and has nothing whatsoever to do with the Sonos software. Unplug all Sonos devices, and reboot your router. When the router comes back up, plug back in all Sonos devices. 

Userlevel 2

Bruce. Thanks for the response but it’s nothing to do with my network. I have done that many times reboots power shutdowns you name it I’ve done it. I have an extremely fast internet connection as well. This problem only started after the new software came. So it’s an issue that sonos needs to take seriously 

I have exactly the same problem with S2 on iphone. The app keeps crashing after a while on each use. The amount of time I spend around finding a fix is unreal. So frustrating...