Do yourselves a favor- DO NOT INSTALL S2 on your phone.
I installed it, and the ENTIRE app just freezes. It opens up to My Sonos and the rest of the screen is white, the buttons at the bottom don’t even work!
I bet this was rushed out the door, and like other software company’s plan on fixing it after the release.
My iPhone is an Xs Max most amount of memory, and barely any used.
- Software freezes upon opening, cannot do a SINGLE thing with it.
- I have S2 on my PC (installed with minor assistance from support)
- Removed S2 from iPhone.
- Installed S1
- S1 software told me I have to update to S2
- Deleted the S2 on my PC.
- Reinstalled S2 on iphone- still the same problems, frozen.
- Uninstalled S2 on iPhone
- Uninstalled S2 from my PC (previously today TS told me the S2 app and S2 PC software needed to be on both at the same time to function properly)
- Installed S1 again - same issue
- Installed the skinned version of S1 on my PC- same error as I read on my phone “The S1 controller is not compatible with your system.
That cannot be possible. The S1 HAS to be compatible. I have no idea how the installation of the S2 app on my phone earlier today changed my speakers. This is complete garbage.
Installing software shouldn’t be so difficult!!! Now NONE of my speakers!
WHAT IS GOING ON HERE??????
I COMPLETELY REGRET INVESTING MONEY IN A SYSTEM THAT MARKETED ITSELF AS ‘SIMPLE’ TO SET UP. MAYBE 10 YEARS AGO, NO LONGER.
ALL I WANT IS MY ORIGINAL SONOS APP SOFTWARE AND MY OLD SONOS PC SOFTWARE. THIS IS AN UTTER DISASTER. I CANNOT USE MY PHONE, or PC, or the speakers themselves AT ALL NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Moderator Note: Edited out Profanity
Best answer by viper69View original