Answered

S2 14.6 Surround Sound Speaker drop outs

Badge +2

Hi, I’ve noted a trend in what I’ve read here about this 14.6 issue in that the Arc is the predominant soundbar.  My soundbar is a PlayBar and I use a Boost.  When my system is stable I don’t experience audio drop outs I just get up in the morning to find my surround setup not working, i.e. the sub and play 1 satellites not present in the app.  Sometimes, like now, they appear ‘on their own’ without any intervention.  My diagnostic file is file ref: “321963361”.  I took this dump when the system had lost its sub and play 1’s.  
The main purpose of this post is to flag that the 14.6 ‘drop out’ issue is not exclusive to Arc (or Beam for that matter).  

I’ve previously been through the ‘missing products’ cycle but the issue re-occurs.

icon

Best answer by Corry P 12 May 2022, 11:35

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @blind.bloke 

Thanks for your post!

I looked at your diagnostic but the Playbar was in fact completely missing from the report, so I think something else is happening. 

The Boost is reporting two ethernet sockets in use - what is the second one used for, if the first is going to your router/switch?

Currently, I’d just recommend you do a full reboot - unplug Sonos devices and your router from power. Once the router has been off for 30 seconds, turn it on and wait for WiFi to return before turning on the Boost. Please wait for the Boost to show a solid, white light before turning on the rest of the system. Turn on the surround speakers and Sub only after the Playbar has a solid, white light.

I hope this helps - if it doesn’t, please describe your network topology. Thanks.

Badge +2

Hey Corry,  sorry about the delay.  Those naughty algopixies at Google put your email notification in my junk folder.  Anyway…..

To your first point, I deliberately sent the diags over for the failed state.

Second. The boost is connected to my router via powerline and its other port connects the Sky Q main box to the home network.  

Playbar, Sub and Play 1’s all connect over SonosNet wireless for 5:1.  The boost is in the same room as the above.

I’ll turn all the status LED’s back on.  I like your comments about the power up sequence.  It’s a good shout, not covered in the troubleshooting info.

Perhaps the 14.8 update has picked up my snag.  I’ve had good stability since posting (always the way).  Let’s see how we go.  Thanks again for your reply.