Answered

S1 app quit working

• 22 March 2021
  • 3 replies

My S1 app no longer works (after 4 years of working fine) as of a couple of days ago.  A message automatically comes up saying “you can control all your products using the S2 app.”  

When I open the S2 app, the message states “this product is not compatible with S2 app.”  Add this product to an existing S1 system.  BUT the S1 system will NOT work and tells me to log into S2.  

This would b funny if it was not so frustrating.  None of my devices are working.  None.  

Advice???

icon

Best answer by Corry P 22 March 2021, 13:01

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @RonaldT 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

The problem seems to be that your Boost is on S2 software, whereas your system is on S1. 

Please disconnect your Boost from power and ethernet, then connect another Sonos device to that ethernet cable.

Power on the ethernet-connected Sonos device (if it’s not already on) and you should see your system come back online in a minute or two.

If that has worked, all we need to do now is get your Boost back on S1. Please factory reset the Boost. In the S1 app, select Settings » System » Add a Boost and follow the instructions. Once the Boost has added, “updated” and registered, you can then reconnect it to ethernet.

If none of this goes to plan, or if you still get the messages about S2, I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team, who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system.

I bought a new Soundbar and know it will not work on S1.  Can I just run it using S2?  Do I need another Boost?  

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @RonaldT 

If it’s the Arc that you have bought, it indeed will not work on S1.

You do not need another Boost - your new Arc will be able to run by itself on your WiFi (assuming it’s within range) with the S2 app. Please select Setup A New Sonos System in the S2 app when you get your Arc, though you can use your existing account.