Rova - Skipping

Hello all

I have a sonos one and beam currently plugged in and I have several music services but Rova which is use to play my local radio station (also seems to be the only service that streams my local radio station) the music skips/ stops every half minute or so.

This only happens with this service as Spotify, tube in etc etc do not do it.

Has anyone had a similar issue?

Internet solutions are tricky as the internet is paid for my work so the provider has to change channels etc. All I can do is turn the router off and on again which I have done many times and doesn't resolve the issue. 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

14 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @MrStevenYates 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

Rova isn’t a service I have personally heard of, but it’s fairly damning that other sources play without issue. The only way to know what’s going on here is to ask the speakers themselves.

The next time this happens, please immediately submit a diagnostic, record the number given and then get in touch with our technical support team at your convenience, who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system.

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Steven,

I also use/used Rova on a daily basis. The issue I get when streaming any Rova station is that after about an hour the stream starts to cut out. If I stop the station for 30 seconds or so and then start it again then it is fine for the next hour or so.

The same as you, all other streaming services work fine over my Sonos network. I have thereforecurrently changed to play my preferred station using Sonos Radio and all works fine, but as you say not all Rova stations are available elsewhere. I preferred the Rova station because it offered local ads whereas the Sonos Radio version of the station plays Wellington based ads but happy to trade off on that because it is more stable 

Ross

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Steven,

I see that you are also in Napier, NZ. What station are you trying to listen to via Rova?

Ross.

Thanks for that. I suspect it's actually Rova that's the issue also. 

I will submit a diagnostic as recommended and then may have some information to give when I contact the developers themselves. 

Steven,

I see that you are also in Napier, NZ. What station are you trying to listen to via Rova?

Ross.

The breeze Hawke's bay

Hi @MrStevenYates 

Thankyou. I will do as suggested and see what happens. 

Appreciate the response. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

I agree that it is most likely a Rova issue.

Just FYI:

The Breeze (Wellington) is available on Sonos Radio. Same content as the HB station but Wellington based ads and weather. :(

Ross.

Hi @MrStevenYates 

The next time this happens, please immediately submit a diagnostic, record the number given and then get in touch with our technical support team at your convenience, who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system.

Hi again

There seems no way to contact sonos via email when I submit a diagnostic. Is this possible or not set up for New Zealand? 

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Hi Steven,

You can send them the diagnostic number via this thread and that gets to the Sonos support guys to follow up on.
Hopefully Sonos will correct me, but I don’t believe there is currently any way of contacting Sonos directly (phone, email) from New Zealand. Which if true is a bit surprising due to the amount of Sonos gear being sold by retailers here.

Ross.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @MrStevenYates 

Hi @MrStevenYates 

Hi again

There seems no way to contact sonos via email when I submit a diagnostic. Is this possible or not set up for New Zealand? 

The number to call for technical support in NZ is  +64(0)800-423-747.

Hope this helps.

Diagnostics number 894445647

Thanks for the replies. Prefer email support however if this doesn't get back through to support then I will ring the number provided. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @MrStevenYates 

I see the errors - the logs are full of them. What I don’t see is a cause. I suspected there was some kind of issue with Rova or the station “The Breeze Hawke's bay”, but we were able to play it without issue in our own (quick) testing.

As your diagnostic is missing two speakers, I now suspect some kind of network issue. You could get in touch with our technical support team for some real-time troubleshooting. Given your lack of access to your router settings, however, I’m not sure how far this will get you with the station, but we may be able to get all 4 speakers online.

I recommend you follow @rosswells127 advice in regards to the station you are trying to play:

I agree that it is most likely a Rova issue.

Just FYI:

The Breeze (Wellington) is available on Sonos Radio. Same content as the HB station but Wellington based ads and weather. :(

Ross.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @MrStevenYates 

Just to update you, we have reported this issue to Rova.

Thankyou.

My diagnostic is missing 2 speakers I assume because I own 4 and have previously set up 4 but am currently only using and only have plugged in, 2 speakers.

Thanks for passing it on to Rova. I do not think it is a network issue myself as all other services are rock solid and do not experience the same issue.

Thanks again

Steve