Question

Rooms not syncing together

• 1 October 2016
  • 3 replies

Badge
Hi, every time I try to turn on my Sonos system I seem to only ever get one of two groups. The living room on its own, or the rest of the house (bedroom, bathroom & kitchen). The two groups are never listed in my rooms together, so I have to close my app and attempt to reopen and see if the right group then appears. It can take many attempts to get the right group -which is very frustrating. In addition, one of the speakers (play 1) never connects and I can't seem to add it into the group, but it is closer than any of the other speakers within the house so I can't understand why it's not being picked up..

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

It sounds like you may have set up two separate systems by mistake. Call Sonos support.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
I would unplug the living room. Open up controller and make sure your other 3 rooms are showing.

Do a factory reset on the living room unit.

Once factory reset complete go into settings... add room and add the living room back.

Factory reset instructions:
PLAY:1, PLAY:3, PLAY:5 (gen1), CONNECT, CONNECT:AMP and PLAYBAR:
1.Unplug the power cord from the electrical wall outlet.
2.Press and hold the Play/Pause button while simultaneously plugging the power cord back into the electrical wall outlet.
3.Continue holding the Play/Pause button until the light begins flashing amber and white.
4.Once reset, the light will flash green indicating the product has been reset and can be added back to your Sonos household.

PLAY:5 (gen2), BOOST, BRIDGE and SUB:
1.Unplug the power cord from the electrical wall outlet.
2.Press and hold the Connect button while simultaneously plugging the power cord back into the electrical wall outlet.
3.Continue holding the Connect button until the light begins flashing amber and white.
4.Once reset, the light will flash green, indicating the product has been reset and can be added back to your Sonos household.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Do a factory reset and add back that play:1 that isn't working right as well.