Rooms dropping out/disconnecting from controller

• 12 April 2016
  • 53 replies

So I have a 3 room set up.

Lounge - Playbar + 2x P1 for AS
Kitchen - 1 xP3
Master Bedroom - 1 x P1

Recently when I have gone to control the speakers through any phone it is only showing the lounge, and without the SS.

The kitchen still plays whatever was in the queue if I press play on the physical speaker but I can't adjust/change the music.

This is consistant across multiple controllers and we have tried disconnecting and reconnecting to the sonos system .

Can anyone provide any help in this matter? Happy to submit diagnostics

Regards

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

53 replies

Hi

I have similar issues but it seems to be more prevelant on the Sonos One. I mostly stream music using Spotify Connect, and launch via the Spotify app. In particular the Sonos One likes to stop playing, with no apparent reason whilst the other two continue to play, but sometimes the other one fail too. I need to gremove all the groupings everytime and then regroup from scratch. which tends to fix the issue until the next time. My flat is fairly small, same level, with hollow walls in between the rooms.
My Setup is:
1x Play 5 @ Living Room
1x Play 1 @ Kitchen
1x One @ Bedroom.

Diagnostics no: 1282896932

Thanks!
nieuk
Bump! I would appreciate the help from the Sonos Support team.

Hi

I have similar issues but it seems to be more prevelant on the Sonos One. I mostly stream music using Spotify Connect, and launch via the Spotify app. In particular the Sonos One likes to stop playing, with no apparent reason whilst the other two continue to play, but sometimes the other one fail too. I need to gremove all the groupings everytime and then regroup from scratch. which tends to fix the issue until the next time. My flat is fairly small, same level, with hollow walls in between the rooms.
My Setup is:
1x Play 5 @ Living Room
1x Play 1 @ Kitchen
1x One @ Bedroom.

Thanks!
nieuk
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Bump! I would appreciate the help from the Sonos Support team.

Hi

My Setup is:
1x Play 5 @ Living Room
1x Play 1 @ Kitchen
1x One @ Bedroom.

Thanks!
nieuk

Hi nieuk,

Thanks for sending in the report. Your Sonos speakers are having a hard time staying connected to your wireless network. This is probably due to the high number of other networks nearby causing interference. There are wireless networks in close range running on all of the standard wireless channels. You might try changing your router's wireless channel from 11 to 6 or 1, though those channels look to be crowded as well.

It might be better if you switch your Sonos system over to a Boost setup by wiring one of your speakers in to your router with an ethernet cable. This will allow your Sonos system to operate on its own wireless network, and may help. If it's not convenient to wire one of your speakers, a Boost is a great way to get that wired connection without moving your speakers.