Room not playing by itself

• 21 August 2021
  • 4 replies

Hi, I have some Sonos Play:1. One in the kitchen and another (two in stereo mode) in the living room. When I play or pause in kitchen, the living room starts playing or pause too, but they aren’t grouped. In this case each room with its own music using Spotify.

The opposite does not happen, the living room players do not interfere in kitchen player. 

It seems a bug. How can I fix this?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7

Try unplugging your speakers from power for a couple of minutes and rebooting your router and phone.

How are you controlling SPOTIFY? Are you using the SPOTIFY App or a SONOS controller App?

Hi guys.

I rebooted all the Sonos (Play1 and Connect), no change. I may try rebooting the firewall too.

No, I’m not using the Spotify app, but the Sonos app, and from within it I use YouTube, Spotofiy and others.

Only the Connect is wired to the switch. The others are connected to it via SonosNet.

A head smack is that the ‘pair’ is built with a PLAY:1 from each room.

I’m speculating: Try breaking the stereo pair into individual units and check their Room names. Make sure that there are no duplicates in your system, then rebuild the pair.