Answered

Roam is not setting up in our mixed (S1 S2) environment

• 16 August 2021
  • 3 replies

since friday i’ve spend about 5 hours with your geman support an get my problem not solved.

i’m really sad about your support! I hope you find the right tech-stuff to call me back and solve

my problem with the brand new roam!? my ticket

best regards, J.Kirschenhofer

Moderator Note: Modified in accordance with the Community Code of Conduct.

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 17 August 2021, 13:31

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

This is mainly a Sonos user community - you are perhaps best to chat/speak to the Support Staff via this LINK. Unless you wish to go onto describe your speaker setup issue in some detail here for other Sonos users to provide you with some suggestions to perhaps try?

I will just mention at this early stage, that the Sonos system and controller requirements are shown here:

Sonos System Requirements:

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/126

S1/S2 Controller App Requirements:

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/4875

… and just to also let you know that the Sonos Roam is compatible only with an S2 App/System.

In this mainly Sonos user community i found that i’m not the only one with the same problems!

i am familiar with the controller requirements.

My roam app S2 allways tried to connect to the S1 system. (same B9Benny at this community)

They told me to turn off all my old components first. Done…(problem not solved)

They told me to split radio 2.4 and 5  in different ID’s. Done (problem not solved)

Now i run out of time and passion. I kick out this cheap-programmed sonos roam!!

best regards

In this mainly Sonos user community i found that i’m not the only one with the same problems!

i am familiar with the controller requirements.

My roam app S2 allways tried to connect to the S1 system. (same B9Benny at this community)

They told me to turn off all my old components first. Done…(problem not solved)

They told me to split radio 2.4 and 5  in different ID’s. Done (problem not solved)

Now i run out of time and passion. I kick out this cheap-programmed sonos roam!!

best regards

It sounds very much like you are running both the S1 and S2 systems in ‘mixed mode’ on the same Sonos HouseholdID, perhaps try switching your smaller (or non-primary) system setup to a new Household and see if that quickly resolves your issue, or just speak to Sonos Support via the link provided earlier.