Answered

Roam is frustrating

• 6 December 2021
  • 2 replies

I replaced my 1st Roam as it kept dropping off the network and it wouldn’t respond to the App. The new one keeps dropping off the network as well. I have 6 other Sonos speakers around the house that are ‘always on’ and ready to go but I’m being told to reboot the Roam (every day). Very frustrating.  When I turn it off it says its ‘off line’ but when on it doesn’t appear on the App. Is this a design fault ? 

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 6 December 2021, 22:29

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Not likely, it would be “offline” whenever it is turned off, either manually, or by the new power saving feature added in the last software release.

It only “wakes up” to the app if it is in sleep mode, a mode which people have been expressing concern over the amount of battery loss involved.

You should take a look at the settings you have in your app, and checking to make sure that if you’re powering it down to “sleep”, it’s a different length of the button press than turning it off. 

You may also want to check with the Sonos Support folks directly, to make sure there’s a complete understanding of the way the device works, and that it’s not “broken” in any way. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Are your other speakers using SonosNet? The Roam cannot, and has to use wifi, and many home wifi routers are, um, challenged by Sonos sometimes.