Answered

Roam forgets podcast progress

• 6 August 2022
  • 2 replies

• Contributor I
  • 0 replies

I often listen to podcasts and audiobooks through my Roam, however when i disconnect from the Roam the progress of what I’m listening to resets back to the beginning.

I also have a couple of Sonos One speakers and a Soundbar on the same network however there is no issue with them.

Is there anything i can do to fix this issue?

thanks

Harry

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 7 August 2022, 03:57

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Which music service are you playing your podcasts through?

I suspect the system isn’t getting the ‘I’ve stopped at this location’ information when you’re disconnecting. Make sure you stop playback in the Sonos controller, before you disconnect the speaker.  That ‘should’ send the appropriate termination request through. 

However, if you’re already doing this, I’d be awfully tempted to submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this problem, and call Sonos Support to discuss it.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and network.