Answered

Roam & bluetooth & Samsung S7 = gaps in playback

• 2 September 2021
  • 5 replies

When listening music via Bluetooth from my Roam, there is about half a second pause roughly every 7 minutes. It is quite annoying. Anyone else facing the same kind of issue or knows if there is a way to fix it?
My combo, what I am using is Roam + Samsung S7 phone + Spotify.

The issue comes only when connecting via Bluetooth. The same phone + Spotify + any other playback device works just ok. I have no troubles to connect via Bluetooth and connection is stable.

icon

Best answer by James L. 3 September 2021, 10:02

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Badge +17

Hi @samuxx,

That certainly doesn’t sound expected. Does the same thing occur when playing a music source other than Spotify? Or while using a different device paired to Roam?

It would be worth submitting a diagnostic the next time this occurs and getting in touch with our customer care team, who can take a closer look at what’s happening between your Roam and S7.

I am having the same problem. I thought it was the sleep app I was using but I notice it with just playback of my music. Did you get it resolved?  It is quite annoying. This is my first Sonos and it has so many issues. Not really bringing me aboard. 

No I did not get it resolved. I haven’t got time to start to do any diagnostics. My speaker has been now sitting on the shelf and waiting for better times.

Badge +1

Also having a similar problem with a roam connected to my iPhone 11 via Bluetooth (using Apple Music). Random cut outs in playback varying in regularity from every 30 seconds to sometimes every couple of minutes. Very frustrating. Have tried unpairing / repairing, resetting network settings on phone, updating iOS, switching WiFi off on phone, removing the roam from all other Bluetooth devices. Nothing works so far! 

Did you submit diagnostics (a 30 second process), and call Sonos (probably longer than 30 seconds), as suggested?