Answered

Right Surround Play:1 not working

  • 30 October 2017
  • 1 reply
  • 384 views

Badge
I've had a BAR, SUB and 2 play:1s in surround set up for a while, and have recently had in issue where the right surround speaker won't make any noise, though it's added and I can see it the list of my devices in the "About my Sonos" part of the settings menu. I submitted a diagnostic, and that number is 8022640.

I recently got a BOOST, and just set that up by turning off the wifi in the house, connecting the the BOOST and getting all the speakers re-added, so it looks like everything is appropriately on the BOOST network. I even tried swapping out that right surround Play:1 with a different one thinking it might be the individual speaker. The result was the same - no sound out of it. The Left Surround speaker works fine! Weird, right? All the other speakers around the house are working fine, those consist of a few more play:1s and a CONNECT. I tried running Trueplay, and it gave the me the error that it couldn't hear the speaker. I've power cycled all the components, removed and re-added, all to the same effect. I did have a
similar problem with the SUB at times, but that's currently working. The problem occurs both with music and with TV feeding the speakers.

I did also recently link up my Sonos system to Amazon Alexa, which seems to be working fine, other than right surround in the livingroom.

Anybody have any ideas?
icon

Best answer by solavirtus 4 November 2017, 23:03

So here's the latest...



update to version 8.1.1, removing and re-adding the surround speakers didn't fix it.



But it was fixed when I did a factory reset on the speaker and then removed and re-added.



Thanks to those that took the time to read the post!
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Badge
So here's the latest...

update to version 8.1.1, removing and re-adding the surround speakers didn't fix it.

But it was fixed when I did a factory reset on the speaker and then removed and re-added.

Thanks to those that took the time to read the post!