Answered

Resolved - Update Outage: Error 1013 on update

• 13 September 2016
  • 37 replies

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

37 replies

My additional rooms (units) now show on remote - Good work Sonos!
Worked! Thank you.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Bought two new play 1 today. Seems like update still does not work.

It should be resolved now, you'll need to quit any Sonos software that you have open. If you're on a mobile app, you'll need to force quit the software.
It worked thx!
Works now. Thanks.
I'miss still having the same problem, error 1013 every time that I try to update my soundbar. They sent me an email telling me that the problem was solve, turned it on and does not allows me to update. Guess that technology is running so fast that a 30 years old man is getting behind even if it reads the manual.
Mine is working now, let's hope the device manages to wow me from hereon out, I have 30 days to deliver it back, and I will if there are any hints of upcoming problems like this.

A quick suggestion from a lifetime programmer:
1: provide more specific error messages with logs to the user. Some of us are better at tracking down network problems than your technicians.
2: split the general 1013 network error into one that indicates problems at the update server (WAN), and one for internal network issues (LAN). It shouldn't be too hard (or if it is, your program design sucks - fire and hire then fix it. Harder but worthwhile).
Problem solved, thank you all for the help. Matt Hasson from customer service told me to close the app from my cell phone and then to turn it back on again before connecting the system to the power outlet, I was skeptical at first because I did the same couple of hours earlier, I even told my mother in law to turn off her device. And it worked, so I'm back in business we the sonos family. And almost everyone on my immediate, semimediate and nonmediate family is in love with the system so I should get a discount or some type of promotion, probably vice CEO of the sales department.But fist, I have to see the benefits and how much I get on my Christmas bonus. Only then I will consider your offer ;>).
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Glad you're all set Alex! Sadly I don't have any promotions to share but put on your favorite song, from me to you ;)

Have a good one and let us know if we can help with anything else.
Userlevel 2
Well I'm having the same 1013 issue today - the update has failed on both my Android phone and W10 PC. After the update fails I'm left with only one zone (a Play 5) none of my ZP100s, 80 90 and Play 3 show up. I re-installed the app and desktop controller and they're back albeit not updated. Very frustrating!!
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Well I'm having the same 1013 issue today - the update has failed on both my Android phone and W10 PC. After the update fails I'm left with only one zone (a Play 5) none of my ZP100s, 80 90 and Play 3 show up. I re-installed the app and desktop controller and they're back albeit not updated. Very frustrating!!

Mind submitting a diagnostic from your Sonos system and replying back with your confirmation number?